Disputing cost of repairs - where do I stand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Would be grateful for some advice if any kind soul has the time to offer it. I haven't had a car insurance claim in my 9 years of driving (and potentially 9 years of no claims bonus now to lose!) so I don't have much experience to draw on.

In short, I don't agree with some of the invoiced costs which I have received this week - I damaged another car's body work & bumper - but the invoice includes cost of new Toyota, and Aygo badge. Googling an image of the car confirm to me that these are NOT situated along the side of the car or on the back bumper!!

The invoice also does not contain any detail on the fields to describe 'severity of impact', 'damage areas', 'vehicle status on inspection', 'pre-accident value', 'Impact.' I am not happy, particularly as the owner of the Aygo has told me the car was photographed and accessed by the repairer. I want to dispute this lack of info on the invoice and this seemingly unconnected costs. What can I do? I haven't yet contacted my insurance company, as I was hoping to settle privately, but the work has been invoiced at £660!

Background Info:

Earlier this month, I was running late for work, and whilst eratically zooming into a space parallel to the kerb, came too close to a little Toyoto Aygo that was parked nearby. I scraped the Aygo along its side, and there was a little damage it back bumper.

The owner and I exchanged details. Hers was a lease car, and due to this said that she would get in touch for the leasing company to sort out, and was very reasonable & understanding. She said that she would contact me with some quotes for the cos of repair, the damage didn't look huge. I hadn't hear anything for a while,so I called the Aygo's owner this week. She told me her leasing company had had the repairs carried out already! They have invoiced me & I have the option of paying privately or settling through my insurance.

Claire

I beleive that when paintwork repairs are carried out to sections of bodywork that to acheive an acceptable colour match or transition of the new paint into the old paint that a technique known as paint blending is used. To be able to blend the the paint, the surface must be free of obstructions such as stick on badges.

Badges are usually held on by double sided tape which is destroyed or loses its effectiveness when they are removed. To remove the old tape and apply new tape, cutting it to the badge shape is quite time consuming, without a guaranteed acceptable result, so it is usually more cost effective simplly to renew the badges.