Locating relevant case histories for ET

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

G'day.

I have just entered the ET fray, self representing, and I am struggling to find any relevant case history.

I believe myself discriminated against during recruitment i.e. I have not been offered positions I believe I would have been offered but for my age. I am 54 and a software developer so I tend to compete in a cohort of applicants in their mid 30's.

I am competent at composing advanced searches but I am finding virtually nothing except for a couple of 'big' cases that have attracted press attention. Can anyone point me at some public available databases? I have already tried BAILLII.

many thanks.

Hi.

Im sure et decisions can be searched, I mostly deal with leasehold tribunals and all those decisions are online..and Im sure I recall a post where someone pointed out the equivilant et decisions.

Bailli is only high court decisions, where leasehold t decisons can go if appealed to both lvt and upper tribunal, maybe there is a similar route for et's ?

Andy

The cases you want to refer too are the ones that set precedents, try something like these

http://www.agediscrimination.info/cases/Pages/keycases.aspx

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Well, the "law making" cases are generally made at the EAT, once an appeal is heard, it has to be on a point of law and therefore creates the new precedent.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

The cases you want to refer too are the ones that set precedents, try something like these

I had actually hoped to be able to peruse some ET cases that were similar enough to my own to give me a feel for what to expect at tribunal. It seems the Tribunals Service charges £10 for a judgement (if it has been made public) with a furtherl £5 for each additional judgement in the same order.

I did a quick google and found Norther Ireland cases but for the others it does appear that you can request them (at a cost) or many sites mention that important landmark cases will often be published elsewhere.