tax credits ???

loz1loz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been claiming child tax credits for years and my partner moved in last march 2011 u assumed cause we jointly claimed jsa that the tax credits would be informed, I recieved my renewel a few weeks ago to notice it wad still an individual claim so I phoned them and informed them he had moved in last march. They stopped my tax credits and said they would investigate. I have now recieved a amended award for a couple. I phoned them to check they knew that he moved in and they confirmed this and I asked them if I owed them any money and they said no. Is this normal? I thought they would say I had been over paid ? Confused.com any advice would be welcome

HI

Is your partner working? If not, then your joint income won't be increased..... so the amount you receive won't decrease. (I think)

Also, the amount of tax credits you get is based on the past tax years income. So if you were both on JSA last year, maybe even if you add your incomes (JSA) together - you are still within the same band of tax credits (payment wise).

If it's not this - then I'm not sure sorry.

Someone else will be around to assist soon, so keep checking.