Resignation Terms - School

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for a school (non teaching) – permanent contract, 46 weeks including paid holidays, salary divided by 12 months. I have accepted a post with another local authority to start in September.

School closes for summer, staff taking holidays at school closure times.

A months’ notice is required – if I give notice in now or last day of term, late July, this will only take my leaving date to sometime in August, breaking my local government length of service.

Does anyone know how this is best approached / been in same position? i.e. do I resign in August from home so there is no service break up to new job start date or are there ‘rules’ within the local government terms?

i work in a school and i know that they work in a totally different way to other businesses. they should not but it happens.

check out the tes.co.uk forums and post on there. there are alot of informed people who will give the best answer in an education context.

Can you not give your notice in now but stating a leaving date more than a month ahead, the school would probably appreciate as much notice as possible to recruit someone else, also isnt it a minimum of a month I dont think there is a maximum notice you can give.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Thank you both – the terms are a month’s notice either side – my concern is that if I advise current school now, the possibility and practical thing for them to do is ask me to leave at end of academic year – July – this will leave gap until my September start at new job.

I would suggest having a talk with your employer, keep it a bit vague and say you have the possibility of another job in September but you dont want to lose your continuity of service, the may appreciate the heads up that they will need to replace you but agree to your official leavingh date being later than your actual leaving date,

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.