Taking out insurance after driving ban suspension

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I was banned under the totting up procedure, but however was successful under appeal at the Magistrates court.

What I am looking to understand is what is my legal position with regards to declaring the TT99 and 6 month ban.

If I declare it to the insurance broker, they put it in their system and their is no option to show the suspension so it quotes me as if I have not driven for 6 months. When in fact I have.

I also have no idea how to put it in a comparison site, is it a ban, is it not a ban and is the TT99 vaid ?

Appreciate your help

What do you mean you were banned and appealed? Do you mean you reached 12 points but avoided a ban due to an exceptional hardship argument? Or that the magistrates banned you, but you appealed to a higher court and had it overturned?

So you were banned, Appealed, Won the appeal and had the ban suspended?

Your issue is weather to declare the ban or not?

That's right exactly. Speaking to insurers they want to include the ban as it is still stated ony driving license.

What do you mean you were banned and appealed? Do you mean you reached 12 points but avoided a ban due to an exceptional hardship argument? Or that the magistrates banned you, but you appealed to a higher court and had it overturned?

The magistrates banned me for 12 points, 6 of which were for ' failure to disclose driver details ' & Crown court accepted exceptional hardship case & refunded all my costs including barrister fees.

I realise that if the ban is on my license I have to declare it. However I am finding that insurance brokers are not accepting the suspension & treating my case as if I have had the ban.

How is the ban deleted if the suspension is in force.

I have called DVLA & am unable to get a clear status

Edited by Radha