Allied Dunbar Adaptable Life Plan

teabag118
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help, I am going through my parents paperwork inspired by all the success stories on here but have come up with a situation that I didn't expect.

My parents took out a Mortgage in 1991 which seems to have been sold to them by Allied Dunbar, the actual Mortgage was with Bank of Scotland, they had to take out an 'Adaptable Life Plan' with Allied Dunbar which was held as collateral security by the Bank of Scotland for the Mortgage. The payments on this were £250.83 per month. In November 1999 the Mortgage was paid off in full and I have letters from the Bank of Scotland stating this, my parents then proceeded to cancel the 'Adapatable Life Plan' with Allied Dunbar and asked for a surrender figure. Allied Dunbar wrote back and said to proceed with the request they needed the notice of re-assignment from the Bank of Scotland, this is where the trail stops, it seems my parents didn't ever get this and Allied Dunbar have never paid them the surrender value of the policy. My Nan had just died and all sorts going on so can't really blame them but I would like to see if I can get the policy paid to them, I know it is them that were at fault so it isnt really a complaint I need to lodge against Allied Dunbar but how would I go about trying to reclaim this back for them ?

Thanks in advance :oops: