Paypal Debt - What to expect?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently got ripped off on Ebay. I was selling a lot of old gold that I'd inherited from my grandmother about 10 years ago. I sold the gold (About £2500 worth) on Ebay. The buyer paid by Paypal and came to the house to collect the gold.

I then withdrew the cash from my Paypal account to my bank account and paid for a holiday with it. The buyer then opened an "item not received" case about 3 weeks later. I was unable to provide tracking as the items had been collected.

Paypal immediately limited my Paypal account and asked me to provide receipts to show the items belonged to me and to provide a tracking number. I could provide neither, Paypal reimbursed the buyer which left my Paypal account in the negative for the full amount. They told me they will be passing the debt on to a collections agency.

I've spoke with my bank and cancelled the Paypal access to my account and I've cancelled my bank card and ordered a new one.

I spoke with the police who didn't really offer much help other than to say speak to Paypal about it as I had no proof the jewellery had been collected. The guy I sold the gold to won't take my calls.

I'm just worried that this debt collections agency will try and gain access to my home or take my car. Can they do this?

I'm just worried that this debt collections agency will try and gain access to my home or take my car. Can they do this?
No, no & no. ;)

They would need a court order to do any of those things & they won't get one. Although they may pass this supposed debt on to a DCA they will not try and enforce payment through a court.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I agree. Paypal will pass the debt over to (usually) IQOR for them to chase. Ignore their ramblings

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

A formal complaint to PayPal with copies of

all the proof of collection of the gold and the

subsequent claim bt the buyer could resolve

this.

I think though you need to check your credit

reference files in case they have made an entry.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes. A FORMAL complaint to PayPal. This buyer will have done this sort of thing before and / or will most likely do it again. Its a known con so it will never go near a court.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Thanks for the reassurance, I have a letter in the planning stages but no proof of collection really, if anything I gave HIM a receipt. :|

I was told by a friend that bailiffs can remove cars. Are DCA's and Bailiffs two different things? Will I get a CCJ through this? :s

Sorry for all the questions, just never been in debt before :s

A DCA is not a bailiff and can do diddly squat, they can't remove litter let alone a car. ;)

Will I get a CCJ through this?

NO!.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

More developments...

Ebay have suspended my account and apparently written to all of my previous buyers (all of whom have received their items and left positive feedback) sending them mails stating they're from Paypals Fraud Investigation team and that if they have done business with me they're to request a refund if they haven't received their items.

I'm furious and terrified! Why are they sending mails from a fraud team? Do they suspect me of fraud?! I'm half expecting the police to turn up and arrest me on Paypals behalf :s So not only do they close my accounts and put my account into the negative but they're now accusing me of fraud and blackening my name with anyone I happen to have sold something to in the past!

Anyone have any experience of this fraud thingy, is it something I should be worried about?

And then look at the libel laws...

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Not sure why you would want to look at libel laws, as far as |I can see there has been no defamation and anyway the Op would have to fund the case themselves and that would seriously cost a lot of money with no guarantee of winning.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.