Why don't Sky Listen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the ongoing saga with Sky,please note a different person each time telling me different things, and appologies for it being so long

My first email to them

A short time ago I informed you that we were having financial difficulties due to Me losing his job in Jan 2012 and that our bank had stopped all our direct debits to all our creditors.You said you would send us paper bills instead,it is now April and we still have not had one,today 29/4/2012 you cut our tv service off due to the payment being one day late and due to the fact you have not sent us a bill.We feel we have been unfairly treated as it is not our fault we have not paid,more so that we have no credit or debit card to pay our bills now so invoice/paper bills are the only way. We would like to know if there is any sort of discount we could have as £50+ a month is lot especially when you only get £67 a week to pay everything with.We only have a basic package with a HD box which we can not tell any difference to normal tv and yes we do have a HD tv. Every time I have spoken to someone ( normally a sky agent online) I get told something different.I need my phone as I have medical problems. We just can not believe for being one day late you cut of our tv channels,as I have told you time and time again WE ARE NOT ALLOWED ANY DIRECT DEBITS for anyone. I await your reply

Their reply

Thank you for your email.

I was disappointed to hear of the problems you encountered with service was blocked and in particular the lack of consideration and assistance you were given when you contacted us.

As a company which very much values its customers, Sky does invest considerable resources in staff training and monitoring procedures to maintain the quality of our customer service. All members of Sky staff are made fully aware of their responsibility to be courteous and helpful in dealing with any customer and conduct of the sort you describe from staff within the organisation is clearly not acceptable.

Furthermore, I have applied a credit of £20 on your account as a goodwill gesture. This amount will be adjusted in your next our subsequent bill.

You can view your bill, view historical statements, change your payment due date, request to have paper bill sent, track your order, upgrade your package, edit your profile, reset your TV PIN by following the below given link:

https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email.

Kind regards

Alka

My responseDear Alka

thank you for your email re my complaint but feel that my issues have not been resolved,I was made to feel I had to have a direct debit facility otherwise tough.

Not everyone has this facility and for now due to our financial problems neither have we, we can only pay our bill by invoice/paper bill.

Since I informed you of our situation you have not listened to us as all, it is very hard trying to manage on JSA.

I did the right thing in informing you about our direct debits and the situation we are in and despite promises to us we would get a paper bill we still have not had one and it is nearly May.

Each time I speak to someone I get told different things and different amounts for our bill,I thank you for the £20.

I have been watching your TV advert for new and existing customers for 6 months free broadband and 6 months free phone calls but apparently we are not entitled to any discount at all,we have no idea if or when will get a job and as we have to pay everything out of the JSA of £67.50 a week your bill of over £50 a month is quite a bit for us.

To be honest it was your fault we got cut off as you did not send us a bill nor were we informed, we can not have Direct Debits so please do not try and set one up for us as our bank will decline it and then you will more then likely cut us off again,all we want if for you to keep your promise to us and send us bills, we could if need be pay something towards our bill every two weeks but it would mean you sending us giro/bank slips to do this as we have no other way of paying.

We have not refused to pay the bill but you have to understand our situation and we all need to be on the same page.

We also can not understand why you charge for paper bills/invoice, and this we were told is £1 only then to be informed it is £4.

I await your reply

Their reply

I see that there is outstanding balance of £25.00. I request you please clear the outstanding balance by making one off payment and also set up direct debit in order to avoid any further interpution of Sky service.

The preferred method of payment is by direct debit or continuous credit card payment.

To make a one off payment or to set up direct debit you can contact our Customer Services team on 08442 41 41 41 , where one of our advisors will be happy to arrange this for you.

I am pleased to advise you can also make a one off payment and also set up direct debit at the following link:

https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky

You can also view your bill, historical statements, change your payment due date, request a paper statement, track your order, upgrade your package, edit your profile and reset your TV PIN.

Kind regards

Rajni

I was still not happy so sent another one

For ALKA

As you are totally ignoring anything I say to you I will take this matter further,you obviously you did not read my email correctly as I have stated time and time again WE CAN NOT HAVE DIRECT DEBITS,

I do not have a debit or credit card, I will be taking this to a higher level and will be cancelling my account with you and will not recomend you to anyone

Their reply

I understand that you wish to pay through invoice or giro slips.

There are only 2 methods of payment that is through Direct Debit/continues credit card for Sky customer, as informed by my previous colleague, Sky have stopped issuing giro slips.

If you wish to cancell your account, you need to clear your outstanding balance of £25 through one off payment.

Befor cancellation you need to serve 31 days notice.

You can access your account information online at the following link: https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky

You can also view your bill, view historical statements, change your payment due date and upgrade your package. There’s so much more available to you and it’s so easy to use.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email.

Kind regards

Zaibunnisa

:frusty:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Just ignor them, let it default, get passed to a debt collector then pay what you can afford in a way you choose.

Some companies are just foolish. Sky is one of them.

However doing that will see them mark your credit file and ofcorse you will lose the pay channels. On the plus you will not have to worry about them anymore, give them a pound a month.

• Confused 1

Basically sky will not reinstate your services without a direct debit.

How long you had the HD channels?

There is one way around it but only after initally 'complying'.

If you were to pay off the balance via bank or post office and then could use someones bank details to get the account reinstated, theoretically you can then cancel the direct debit and then make sure your payment is sent to them in time for your payment due date.

As long as the payments were not late then the account would continue running and if you need to reduce your costs then this would only be by cancelling the hd channels if you have had them over 12 months and changing your tv package to a cheaper one if possible (depends on which pack you have)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

We have been with SKY for year and had HD same length of time, we have a basic package, tv,broadband and phone, no extra channel like movies and sports.Our TV in a HD one but tbh can not tell any difference between HD and normal,taking HD of would save us £10 a month but if we have paper bill they charge you £4 for this so we would basically only save around £5/6 pounds.

We can not pay of what they want as being on JSA every penny is accounted for, we have no one who will help us with this, the last time I spoke to someone at SKY the lady said she had set our direct debit back up for a payment to go through and once it was accepted she deactivated it.We have been promised a paper bill/invoice since Jan and are still waiting

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Sky won't put you onto paper bill as they would be breaching their own terms and conditions. But if a direct debit is cancelled then they system automatically then sends one out.

Entertainment mix £20

Line rental with evening and weekend calls £12.25

Everday lite bb £0

So the min you can pay is £32.25

another way round the £4 charge is if your account was in credit so effectively paying before its due if that would be poss for you.

Another option cancel the tv pack and you will be left with the freesat channels (you can check them on the freesatfromsky website,

this would leave you talk and bb £17.25 per month (you pay £5 for everyday lite of not got tv)

Edited by IdaInFife
edited cause i have fat fingers

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

our broadband is unlimited and £7.50 a month, evening calls between 7pm and 7 am are free as is weekend calls, our tv has built in freeview but these houses do not have aerials so was thinking of getting a sat box and connecting it to the sky

no need if you cancel your tv subs will leave you with freesat anyway with your set up

• Confused 1

cool tyvm,just wondered how people who do not have direct debit facility or wont have one manage to be with SKY?.I know there are people out there who are

as long as a direct debit is set up for the inital payment (then cancelled) and pay on time thereafter there is no problem - only if a payment si late or missed does the system then pick up their is no dd