Advice need on Consumer Rights regarding an LG Washer/Dryer *** SUCCESS ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a brand new LG Washing Machine /Dryer in October of 2011 and the tumble dryer part of it has just taken ages to dry anything. I had 2 towels in it and the machine took 4 hours to dry them! anyhow I contacted the supplier who I bought the machine off and they directed me back to LG for a repair.

I got an engineer in last week and he said that he has had to repair a few of these machines for the same fault and he took a load of fluff off the motor and said that it was being strangled by it and that the air coming out of the tumble dryer is not up to standard. He went away and ordered the parts for this Washer/Dryer and I have subsequently been told that these will not be in for 10 days due to coming from Korea. I cannot use my Washer/Dryer now as the clothes simply do not dry. I contacted LG first off and said I am not happy with this as I am disabled and relied on my machine and cannot go outside. They did not care and said that I have the parts coming and there is nothing that they can do for me. I contacted the suppliers who have not bothered to get back to me.

I have asked for my machine to be replaced as this is unacceptable to have a machine that is not fit for purpose, I am sure that I will be fobbed off by them but what are my rights? The machine cost me £650.00 which is not cheap but it seems to me no one cares. I have also emailed the CEO of LG and am awaiting his reply but I just don't know what to do next. Any ideas

What will be will be and none of us can change the course of history or human nature:wink:

How long so far has the repair taken? A repair must be done within a reasonable amount of time, however this reasonable period must also be fair on retailer and consumer alike. If the machine would be fixed in a total period of 3 weeks which from what you have posted up it would seem to be that I would say this would be in that reasonable period.

If you are wishing to try to pursue a replacement than this MUST be with the retailer you purchased it from, LG are only liable for the guarantee they set out.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi blitz, the repair will not be done for another 10 days or so as the parts will have to come from Korea, I am unable to use the dryer part of my washer/dryer until then as there is insufficient air coming through the drum. The LG engineer confirmed that he has done this repair a few times before but is unsure whether it will be a permanent solution. I think that to wait 10 days for parts is just not right and why should I on a machine that it is a little over 6 months old and one of the best machines that apparently has just come onto the market because it steam dries instead of conventional drying. I have emailed the supplier of the machine which I bought off the Internet and are a well known large company but as yet they have not answered me. I agree that LG are only liable for the guarantee they set out BUT in order for them to sell good machines they must listen to their customers and try and sort out some sort of design fault and not argue with me that it does not exist in the first place!

What will be will be and none of us can change the course of history or human nature:wink:

Hi Fairywings

Why are you addressing your complaint to the manufacturer? You should address your complaint to the retailer - SOGA.

Three weeks to fix a washing machine, I find that unacceptable.

Can you name the Retailer?

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES CLICK HERE

Yes I will name the retailer as Laskys which are an offshoot of Comet. They have asked for an engineers report. Well let me tell you all the engineer came to my house last Friday. The engineer was comissioned by LG after Laskys had refused to do anything and passed me over to LG. The engineer left and said that he needed to order new parts and then he will ring me when they are in and come back and fit them. He never at any point got me to sign anything to say he had done anything, or nor did I see any report or paperwork to that effect. So in all intentional purposes he was not here!! I know he was and so do LG. Laskys have said on receipt of the report they will look into my request for a replacement further but I have told them I hold a Blue Badge and cannot go even up my garden to hang out washing so how do I dry my clothes? I await their response because every time I have asked them to call me back they have not done so.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an update for all that are interested. LG in the end came to my rescue and have decided in their wisdom to write off my washing machine as it is not viable to repair. The machine itself is only 6 months old but just cannot be repaired. I rang up Laskys and advised them of the fact and gave them a number but of course they did not have any more LG Washing Machines in stock nor did they hold them, so I have gone for another brand which hopefully will be delivered shortly. Personally I would never buy an LG Washer/Dryer again as clearly there is a fault with them but I am more than happy that LG made my day! so happy washing days for me it is. Would I use Laskys again? no is the answer to that question.