PPI claim against Natwest - old loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've spent quite a lot of time reading around the subject before deciding to get started on my own PPI claim, but am afraid I still have a few questions to ask of more experienced people!

The loan in question was taken out in 2000 and paid back in full in (late) 2006. I have the original loan agreement and all statements bar one page (irritating but I know that it only included the first repayment, the date and amount of which is detailed elsewhere). A single premium PPI sum was added to the initial amount.

I believe that I am a victim of misselling for several reasons: I was told that an application including the PPI would be more likely to be approved as there would be "less risk to the bank". It was in fact nonsensical for me to pay a large amount to cover this one debt when I had plenty of other debt already at the time which was left uncovered (also with NW). In fact the cost of the PPI contributed to significant difficulty repaying all of these debts whilst IN employment! I was never quoted for the loan without the PPI. Given that this is my word against theirs 12 years later what evidence can I provide? Is it all too tenuous for me to have a realistic chance of reclaiming?

Also because of the time scales involved am I correct in saying I need to go down the court route rather than FOS?

Many thanks in advance

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Hi

You don't need to provide evidence....you just tell it how it is. It is up them to investigate and give a decision from their point of view.

You do not need to go down the court route...fos will take it on if the bank decline to uphold your complaint.

Put in a standard claim i.e. completed fos questionnaire (available from the fos website), together with a spreadsheet of claim (see No.1 in my signature) and a brief letter requiring the refund.

They will have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a decision.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks very much! I've already completed the spreadsheet so will get to work on a letter and questionnaire. Do you have any idea how the FOS would be likely to regard a complaint like mine? If it is declined can court still be used as a last resort? Also should I request statutory interest from the outset or does this just come in if I need to escalate things?

Thanks again.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Hi

If you've done the correct spreadsheet then your 8% will be worked out for you.

On a loan you get back the premiums paid plus any interest charged on them plus 8% running from the date of payment right up to the date of settlement

Ideally this is the one to use as it does everything for you

StatIntSheet v101.xls

If it goes to fos and they do not uphold then you can still go to court if you wish. fos are meant to look at each individual case on its own merits.

In the PPI stickies you'll find a thread with notes for claimants. Have a look at the criteria...I bet there are a few that would apply, for example not having the true cost explained to you because of the interest being paid :-)

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Yes, that's the spreadsheet I've done but wasn't sure if it all applied from the word go. Too true about not knowing the full cost - filling out the spreadsheet was a real eyeopener!

Will get it all sorted and post with updates as I go.

Thank you