Motability and returning car early

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

Ordered a new car on the motability scheme, when I was working and ordered some extra's (SATNAV, bluetooth and alloys) before the car was delivered I was made redundant. Telephone motability and made them aware of affordability issue and they told me to contact dealer.

Dealer was not happy and advised I would have to pay cancellation fee of £600. Anyone on the scheme will know nothing is signed until vehicle is collected.

Anyway bullied into taking car and all was going ok and took collection last October. My housing benefit has now been reduced by over £170 per month and I can simply no longer afford the vehicle and secondly due to health issues no longer feel comfortable driving.

Motability are collecting my car on 1st May, and they are charging me £250 to take the car back. I really appreciate that they are a charity but all the extra's on the car (about £700) will be money they will recoup on the resale of the car.

I have emailed a complaint to Motability about this £250 fee and wondered if anybody had any help or advise on how to deal with this.

The £250 fee is to cover early release from the contract, it is doubtful how much motability will recover as they would have invested money into this. however, they have been known to waive this fee if you put a reasonably compelling reason together

The £250 fee is to cover early release from the contract, it is doubtful how much motability will recover as they would have invested money into this. however, they have been known to waive this fee if you put a reasonably compelling reason together

Thanks for your reply, I have emailed them and will update their response

The items were additional to the vehicle they were offering you and bought at your expense so you cannot recoup them. However a letter detailing your current financial situation may help resolve the issue. You don't pay the termination fee upfront as it is deducted from the mobility part of your DLA award.

Update:

Have spoken to Motability and have decided to keep car, with support from family members for future payments. Motability responded and dealt with this issue with 6 hours.

Good result. We had a mechanical issue with a car that Ford could not resolve and they refunded in full plus the cost of a tow bar that had been fitted.