CCJ for property rental, company gone bust.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently acquired my credit file and found a CCJ on there for £5000.

This it turns out was for Property Possession, i was renting though :S

The twist in all this is that the company went into administration when i lived there, i moved out a month later.

How they get a figure of £5000 is beyond me.

What can i do about this CCJ? I can prove i wasnt living there on the judgment date.

Anyone?

Check Tustonline, find out the which court the judgement

was from, if you had no knowledge of the claim as it was

sent to your old address you will have to apply for the judgement

to be set aside.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Was the a repossession order and arrears and costs?

I wonder if there is a solicitors name on the claim?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

If you weren't arrears it was a hellish expensive repo.

The solicitor acting for the company may be key to finding

out what exactly occurred.

• 5 months later...

Update:

I've contacted the court, who put me in touch with the solicitor who filed the CCJ.

I contacted them and they tell me the case is closed, they wouldnt tell me who their client was.

I went back to the court and they didnt know either. But they suggested it could be the administrators since Millenium Estates went belly up in 2008.

I called the administrators and they tell me its unlikely to be them since they dont use the solicitors who filed the claim. Additionally the administrators said even if it was them they would unlikely have proceeded to obtain a CCJ against me.

Where do i go from here? Any ideas?

Hi john

Ok The Judgment was placed Aug 2009 ...no attempt has been made to enforce it presumably because the company went belly up. This will be on you file for a further 2 years and if no attempt to collect then it will be SB as regards execution.

Now you can either set a side on the grounds of bad service/ or defend the matter.There will be no resistance to your application as there is no creditor to object.

Reading between the lines this judgment is dormant and unassigned which could be a reason the Solicitor is being evasive and not disclosing the Claimant.You could DSAR the solicitor for the Data but I think the Set a side would be more beneficial as you would then be able to correct your CRA file.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread