Mis sold car warranty

mabbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i'm posting this for my dissabled father i really hope someone can help me on this matter has my father as given up trying!!.

My father bought a 07 vw passat from the local garage & they sold him 12months warranty for the vehicle, within 3months of purchasing the car there was a fault with the accelerator pedal.

He rang the garage to report the fault & they said to phone the warranty company which he did on more than a dozen occasions but could never get through to them , so he went back to the garage & ask to speak the manager a few times but the manager was never available, any way being dissabled he needed the car so he took it to a VW dealer & they went through the small print on the warranty & the problem was covered the VW dealer wrote a letter stating this & carried out the work costing £900.

My father went on a consumers programme on the radio they looked into it for him & said the warranty company had gone bankrupt before the policy was sold to him hense thats why he could never make contact with them, & the radio said he's not the only person thats having the same problem with the warranty company. He went back to the garage that sold him the car & they said they are not interested.

So if anyone could give me some addvice i would be grateful.