cash converters/pawn brokers.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of years back i stupidly gave my friend some of my jewellery to pawn. He didn't retrieve my things from cash converters & also disappeared. I have the reciept from when he pawned them. I realise this may be a pointless post,but ive wondered for the last couple of years if there is any course of action i can take against him. I dont suppose the police would be able to do anything because i gave him my permission to pawn them,but he aggreed to get them back. I know i was beyond stupid,but he was a friend & i trusted him.

Thanks for the reply..Ide love to have a word with him but i dont know where he is.

I aggree i dont think the police would get involved. I have witnesses to our verbal agreement of him getting the items back & i have the original document from cash converters. Would i be able to take him to the small claims court even though i dont know where he is. Or would i just not have a case do you think? The items to buy new would cost £800.00

yeh i see the problem,like i said i was beyond stupid really..everything i do seems to be complicated & not run of the mill,usually complicated by my stupidity! But ide like to see if i have a case for the small claims court..Do i need to know his whereabouts for this? If i knew some basics ide know whether to take it further or not..or do you know the best place for me to read up on the procedure? ive noticed there is a book for sale which looks interesting.

yeh i see the problem,like i said i was beyond stupid really..everything i do seems to be complicated & not run of the mill,usually complicated by my stupidity! But ide like to see if i have a case for the small claims court..Do i need to know his whereabouts for this? If i knew some basics ide know whether to take it further or not..or do you know the best place for me to read up on the procedure? ive noticed there is a book for sale which looks interesting.

There is a procedure but you gave your consent for him to pawn the goods they weren't a loan so I cannot see what redress you have legally. Given the time that has elapsed I am assuming that it is too late for you to but back goods from cash convertors?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

yes its far too late to buy them back. I did only loan him the items but i can see how difficult it would be to prove. I managed to find a link which took me to the national mediation group,where you can submit your details to find out whether or not you have a case. Well i submitted my info,but im not going to hold my breath..I was just wondering if i might be able to do something about it thats all.

But if you think this was stupid of me,you wont believe my stupidest ever venture,which i recon has cost me at least 50k..im too embarrased to print it!

You could still take him to the SC event though you don;t have his address - it's called citing him using the 'Walls of Court' a notice appears there, along with an advert in the press. The trouble is if you don't know where he is, with no property to attach or knowledge of his bank account, it might be a wasted exercise.....

Thanks for the help okonski & everyone,

At least now i know a little more about the ins & outs of this situation..Ive decided to not go through any legal procceedings & instead to concentrate on looking for him. Im sure we can straighten things out once i find him. Thanks for all your pointers everyone..

il let you know if i have any success..