Advice regarding large elec bill needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've got a large electricity bill hanging over me (it was £3000 however, i've paid it down to around 1800 at present).

Basically, I didn't receive an electricity bill for about 9 months between sep 10 and jul 11. During this time EDF have estimated a massive amount of usage and are trying to charge me for it. I am about to complain however, I just wanted some advice first.

Firstly, if I am in the process of challenging my bill, can they change it from a standard credit meter to a pre-payment meter? I live in a rented property so this would really upset the landlord.

Also, I've calculated my actual usage during a couple of periods to highlight how much they massively overestimated my bill (the amounts provided by me have also been submitted to them).

They estimate 4564 units - 1/0ct/10 to3/jan/11

I have meter readings that show 2784 units - 25/sep/11 to4/jan/12

They estimate 1091 – 4/sep/10 – 30/sep/10

I have meter readings that show 1160 – 24/jul/11 to 24/sep/11

Given that I can show that my usage is nowhere near what they have estimated (during a period they put their rates up massively), would I be justified in challenging their estimates during that time?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks very much

Christian

yep

easy do it online.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, I have done that already.

My issue relates to the periods that they have estimated during 2010. Basically, there is a 9 month stretch where all the calculations are estimated. The estimations are way out of line with my usage but those are the amounts that I have posted are what they are using for part of the bill.

I should probably add that the bill now covers the period of a year and a half, from sep to now (originally to sep last year) hence the size of it.

Would I have grounds to challenge the estimated period charges eg the sep4th to 30th estimation of 2010 is 1164 units, yet from late july 11 to end sep 11 I used 70 units less....

Conveniently, that was also the period where their charges increased a massive amount on a per unit basis!!!

Thanks in advance

at the end of the day they should be able to calculate the whole correct bill for the whole period

using your reading

the 'estimated' should no longer be used at all.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...