Are we entitled to any sort of refund from Thomsons'?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The nephew booked a 2 week holiday for this coming May (16th). But in the mean time he's had some great news and has got the full time job he's been after.

Sady though for him the company has said that his holiday in may will have to be cancelled.

He spoke to Thomson who said point blank no refund although they'd be prepared to transfer his payment to an earlier holiday or change the names to someone else at a cost of £70. But the question i have is, he paid the full amount when he booked the holiday in January. if he'd only paid a deposit, then the rest would be due around now. Is there any sort of sliding scale that would allow him at least a proportion of his outlay back?

Msny thanks

I think the full balance is normally due 12 weeks before flying which would have made his balance due around the end of Feb this year. I think the only thing he can do is try to sell the holiday on to someone else or take the earlier transfer it is only 6 weeks or so and I think the T&Cs are quite clear on refunds/cancellations. The only other thing is would his insurance cover it? if he looks in the back of any Thomson Brouchure it will tell him the sliding scale on cancellations and the notice periods.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Instead of selling the holiday why not ask Thompsons if you can delay the holiday maybe for twelve months, or even ask them if they can convert the holiday into a gift voucher/credit note. You could then use the "voucher" when it suited you.

After my experience with Thomson I won`t be using them for the next 40 years! £50 voucher was total insult, they would have been better of paying what I asked

and keeping a regular customer and spending another £40k with them......