Using MoneyClaimOnLine, what are the time periods?

Tony P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although I live overseas, I now need to start a couple of different claims for money owed to me in UK from events that arose in UK.

The Money Claim OnLine service can be started from here.

I fully anticipate at least one case will be disputed by the Defendant contesting my claim against him - so it will have to be transferred to my local County Court (UK not Russia!) for a Hearing.

I have a UK address that I return to periodically and would return to for this purpose should it be necessary, but I would prefer this to be when I am already in UK for other purposes.

I wish, as far as possible, to plan ahead with a possible timetable for this to fit in with when I might already be in UK, and work back from to when I will file the Claims.

Where can I find, or what are, the time periods from/to/between the various steps and stages in the process (and which may require my physical presence) ?

Or is this completely unpredictable and variable depending on individual Courts?

And can I delay or suggest my availability of dates ?

Thanks.

You can state when you would be unavailable for a hearing. If the claim is allocated to the small claims track there is likely to be only one hearing and even that can be dispensed with if both parties consent.

The timescales are so variable that I wouldn't even like to estimate when various steps may be taken.

One thing to clarify; if a case is defended it is usually transferred to the Defendant's home court and not the Claimant's.

The addresses are in the same area, so no problem on that count.

It sounds like a Hearing Date, once announced by the Court, cannot be changed.

As I somehow expected, various timescales cannot be estimated other than fixed Notice periods.

Thanks for the response.

A hearing date can be changed, you would need to make an application to the court supported by evidence. If you put your dates of availability when you make the claim then you may avoid the costs of a later application.