Speed-E-Loans - What a joke oif a company!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan with Speed-E-Loans before xmas last year. In december after looking at all my finances and debt, there was no way i could pay off all this debt.

So i sent all creditors and companies i owed money to payment plan offers etc, and contatced them all by email. Speed-e-loans rung me 2 months ago and said to me that if i paid £68 that they would freeze my account, and then i would pay £50 agreed amount on paydays.

I paid that amount, and then they took over £580 out of my account with out consent. I then rung up them on the weekend and they advised me this was an IT error and they would put a double block on my account. And then again they took another £180...i then rung up again and they refused this and said that the person i spoke to didnt exist, they actually made me cry as i have had enough. Im 7 months pregnant and really stressed with it all, and they are really horrible people.

I had a call today from Lawerence who was origninally putting the block on my account asking for the money owed, qwhich was £76 but now they have puyt bk up to over £100, its an absoloute joke! They wouldnt stop ringin my work until i spoke to him, they harrassed me by ringing over and over again, evben though me and my collegue advised them i would call them this afternoon. He then started saying that there was nothing in my notes saying it was blocked etc.

I said that im not going to pay anymore until next oay day which i will close the account, and they then came bk saying i could pay them the final amount on the next paydate. I am really shaking up today as the way they speak to you is horrendous. They said they would send me an email of proof, but i bet he wont do this.

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

Under no circumstances should you EVER give them your day to day banking details. As you found out, they will say ANYTHING just to get hold of them simply so they can debit your account for any money they feel like.

As for ringing your work, get a full complaint in with the OFT and FOS now. They have no right at all to contact your place of employment. What you should have done after they took the first amount out, was to contact your banks fraud department and got a chargeback to your account. Since you didnt do this, it makes it appear as you have authorised and allowed it to happen.

Also, Never, EVER speak to them on the phone. Simply send them an email or letter saying you will not talk to them by phone and only deal with it in writing.

As you found out, youve seen the reason why they try to force you to deal with them by phone.

Edited by MARTIN3030

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D