Received letter from wescot re old o2 account - help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The list of things they say they do is deliberately misleading, what they are doing is no more than doing a credit check with one of the reference agancies and that tells them little. If they dont have the correct address then they really wont get very far without breaking the law so the power is with you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

std phishing letter

pers I'd not respond

did you ever get your credit file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore them, standard petty immature threat letters which mean sweet fanny adams!

As DX says Ignore them, their puerile missives mean absolutely nothing, check your credit files.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You need to send the telephone harassment letter. Give them a few days to act on it. If they continue to call, then time to get the OFT and FOS involved.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is very easy to ignore them, you just don't answer their calls and file all of their puerile missive under ignore.

There is nothing they can do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

credit file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you ever get the itemised invoices from O2, including the one with the re-connection charge?

Attempting to collect this might prove a challenge. Although there will be something in your contract about paying for the contract if it is terminated, they are charging you for something that they did not supply.

If they know that they are going to pursue for the contract charges anyway, what is their reason for preventing you from getting the benefit from something that they are determined to make you pay for?