Some advise please :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've been speaking to my mum about PPI, and she said she has paid this in the past on both a mortgage and a credit card. (she was told on one of them it was like/or kind of a death policy, and would be very beneficial).

However I think they where both applied round about 20 years ago, plus its been years since she's had these accounts...........Is it poss for her to still make a claim???.

Also she doesn't think she can remember either account number on the mortgage or CC, plus she's moved twice since.

She was with halifax for both, so is there a way or letter she could send to get this information??

Thanks

Hi

You could try a Subject Access Request (SAR), the template for which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

However if the accounts have been settled many years ago then the lenders may well have destroyed the records.

If you could get hold of the information then you can make a claim but the passage of time may be an issue in obtaining any data

ims