style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To anyone who reads: Last year I got a fine for 425 pounds in total. I had set up arrangements to make monthly payments of 30 pounds. I missed 1 payment last months as i was out of the country for work. I have made 2 payments this month to make up for the missed payment last month. This morning how ever I received a notice of distress warrant from Philips the Bailiff and debt recovery company saying that I still have an outstanding amount of 425 pounds. Included in the letter they sent me they say that they can force entry onto my property to collect on the outstanding amounts. This is seriously stressing me out, I have far too many other issues to be dealing with than to be dealing with these unscrupulous gangster wannabes as well. I called Philips up to tell them they had the wrong information, they told me to call the courts. I called the courts they told me to call Philips. So now im stuck. I've sent Philips an emails as well with all the payment references so far. Is there anything else i can do?

You are indeed on the Magic Roundabout...magic in that it never stops to let you off.

Court fines are not really my subject but I will suggest you attend the Court in question if local to you and ask to speak with the Head of the fines department, explain as you have done in your post and point out their failure to send first steps notice and see what they have say. If the Court is not local to you then you will need to put pen to paper (remember to send all correspondance recorded as if the back office at the Court has been outsourced it seems there is something in the water that promotes memory loss) As to the bailiff you will need to send a request for a breakdown of their fees (template below) then post back here as there are many a good cagger experienced in identifying the legit fee from the questionable.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Just to let you know. I have done as you said and have not yet gotten a response from anyone. I will let you know the outcome as soon as they arrive. The haven't been to my house yet so cannot charge me for it. Also how in gods name do these guys justify a cost of 225 pounds for slipping a card through your door. Im worried that they come to my house when my wife is alone at home. As they actually have the right to force entry.

Just to let you know. I have done as you said and have not yet gotten a response from anyone. I will let you know the outcome as soon as they arrive. The haven't been to my house yet so cannot charge me for it. Also how in gods name do these guys justify a cost of 225 pounds for slipping a card through your door. Im worried that they come to my house when my wife is alone at home. As they actually have the right to force entry.

I am sure a senior member can shed more light on it but as far as i am aware they cannot force entry. They will keep on visiting and will keep on adding more charges on there paper work but if u keep ur windows and doors closed and dont answer the door and you have not got a car or anything outside which they can levy on than the original debt would be send back as they cannot recover anything.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10034289

The link above states that they cannot force an entry but again more experienced members can shed more light on this issue.

Hi, thanks for that. I have just gotten a response from the court saying that they have forwarded my email to the Collections and Compliance department who is whom i originally made the payment agreement with in the first place. But still nothing back from philips. All i got is reference number. I also noticed on the letter they sent me that i have 7 days to pay in full. Funny thing is that i only received the letter on the morning of the seventh day from the date that was on the letter in the first place.

Hi All. I Received letters from both the Court and Phillips on Saturday. I have logged on to the Philips site and requested a 30 pounds a month payment plan. I have also made an initial payment of 30 pounds. The reason the amount seems more that it should be is that Phillips have already added an administration fee of 85 Pounds ... Any case I have attached the letters they sent me. Please let me know what you think. They have incidentally not responded to any of my previous communications with them. I asked them for all the information they have on me as well as the phone call recordings. I spoke to the courts as well. they say they dint receive any payments for a month so they handed it over to Philips and they dont send reminders. Is there anything i can do... Just tried to attach the letters but i cant for some reason. Basicly the letter i got from the court is that i should deal with phillips. The letter i got from philips says that i should make payment arrangements or i could incure furthur costs for vehicle removal.... i dont have a car... the costs are £215..... how do these people sleep at night. Any case people any advice is wellcome

• 2 months later...

hi all

i got home yesterday to find a letter stating i owed £300 .00 for a fine to do with the courts , originally i paid 200.00 to philips collections not realising it should have been 285.00. , so instead of them writing to me to say i had not paid in full and owed a further 85.00, they dropped a letter through my letterbox stating as well as the 200.00. i paid , i now owe a further 300.00 . i rang them to say i am quite happy to pay off the original 85.00 but not 300.00. they will not accept that , can someone let me know do i have to pay 300.00, as i cannot afford it , it seems i have paid the court fine and costs and this 300.00 is their costs, i am so scared they are going to come back and harrass me