Payday Express

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was looking for some advice. I took out a loan with Payday Express on 02/03/2012 for the sum of £400. I was able to meet the repayment of £500 at the time I took the loan out. However, I have since seperated from my partner and can see no reconcilliation. Due to this, I am not going to manage to repay the full £500 at the end of this month.

I contacted PDE following browsing this forum, and have spoken to somebody. I attempted to set up a payment plan - which they refused. They advised the only thing I could do was what they call a 'clear and defer' arrangement, whereby I can pay smaller amounts each month to repay the loan, but interest would be added each month. Also, this is not something they set up all in one go. The adviser told me I would need to remember to phone them every month to ask for this option.

The plan she offered was £180 end of March, then £160, £140, £120 and £100. This would result in paying £300 interest on a £400 loan. She was adamant I cannot get a payment plan due to still working with the same income. I advised I have consulted debt counselling (briefly) but she was not interested and stated she knew what the criteria was for repayment plans and I dont fit into that, therefore she cant do anything else.

Does anyone know of anything else I could do?

Wish u had asked them to put that call in writting!

Re-approach do not give in at 1st go, get formal and put it all in writting

letter sent recorded delivery to Customer Care Dept at Kent House 41 East Street Bromley Kent BR1 1QQ

as emails are allien to them depending on who your name is

There telephone droons are not to be trusted thats why u'll need to keep of the fone and don't take what they say to heart tho they thoroughly deserve the reputation of 'black hearted' company - give them NO bank statements or debit card details - plenty of ways round this

Let us know wot happens next

Alice