Accused of not paying for petrol....

Announcerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, My partner was accused of not paying for petrol on a previous visit. This being done at the cash till in front of other customers. She had reciepts from previous visits and asked if they have viewed CCTV, which they had not. She was deeply upset by this and tried to seek redress, the manager making himself not available.

We have since found out that they have viewed the CCTV after the accusastion and she was not the perosn concerned.

We have tried to get either a copy of the complaints proceedure or an apology but nothing forthcoming. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this.

Yep forget it, it happened no one else will remember it use another garage in future. Write to the head office of the company asking for an apology but dont fret about it if you dont get it. Mistakes happen.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I currently work at a petrol station of a particular chain. When working we have procedures when it comes to claiming a "drive off" (not paying and driving off).

I myself have to keep an eye on the pumps nearly at all times when on the till. If someone drives off or doesnt pay for thier petrol after coming in (either my mistake or thiers) then I must note down as much detail about the incident as possible including car reg, colour, make/model and persons description and the time. We then report it to the local police station who come in to check the cctv to confirm the incident the following day and the police then write to the car owner asking for payment on our behalf.

So again in bullet points.

Drive off/non payment

Police contacted

Police attend next day to confirm description and cctv

Police send notice to car owner.

This seems to be a solid system that any petrol station should be following as there is very little chance of making a mistake.

How did the garage manage to get a hold of you for the accusation?

Now from what you said I suggest either calling thier customer services and/or sending in an official complaint to thier head office.

I currently work at a petrol station of a particular chain. When working we have procedures when it comes to claiming a "drive off" (not paying and driving off).

I myself have to keep an eye on the pumps nearly at all times when on the till. If someone drives off or doesnt pay for thier petrol after coming in (either my mistake or thiers) then I must note down as much detail about the incident as possible including car reg, colour, make/model and persons description and the time. We then report it to the local police station who come in to check the cctv to confirm the incident the following day and the police then write to the car owner asking for payment on our behalf.

So again in bullet points.

Drive off/non payment

Police contacted

Police attend next day to confirm description and cctv

Police send notice to car owner.

This seems to be a solid system that any petrol station should be following as there is very little chance of making a mistake.

How did the garage manage to get a hold of you for the accusation?

Now from what you said I suggest either calling thier customer services and/or sending in an official complaint to thier head office.

From the news this is happening a lot, people are using cloned plates to fill up, or are altering their plates so the letters and numbers look different. This could be a genuine error or the OP's partner could've had their plates cloned.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar