CCJ employments and credit checks.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe I am missing something but people with CCJ are either idiots (for taking on debt which cannot be paid) or unlucky (if income has disappeared which could not be foreseen / fallen on multiple hard luck etc).

Frausters can either have a clean credit record, or lots of CCJs etc. They are not necessarily related.

You can't become a teacher if you have Police Caution, no matter how long ago for smoking a joint.......discrimination?

Unfortunately not everything in life is fair. Maybe, just maybe, think about the person on the otherside of the debt which wasn't paid. "Oh its a big corporation, they can afford it" you say? Think about the employees who don't a get a bonus / pay rise then/ now get made redundant.

For me, this is just one of the consequences of only settling a tiny fraction of your debts. As the saying goes, you can't have your cake and eat it. You make the choice not to settle....

Everyone can have a comment on here........but yours is of no help to anyone.

The post on here makes me :-) everyone must know that the whole country is in debt, banks the biggest of them all, then the government, then mortgage holders just about everyone has a certain amount of debt but not as big as the banks. Yet the banks get big bonuses with their big salaries when they make a loss and the aveage worker gets problems when trying to get a job to pay off their debts and keep food on the table and roof over their heads while organisations try and make life more difficult for them. :evil:

Maybe I am missing something but people with CCJ are either idiots (for taking on debt which cannot be paid) or unlucky (if income has disappeared which could not be foreseen / fallen on multiple hard luck etc).

Frausters can either have a clean credit record, or lots of CCJs etc. They are not necessarily related.

You can't become a teacher if you have Police Caution, no matter how long ago for smoking a joint.......discrimination?

Unfortunately not everything in life is fair. Maybe, just maybe, think about the person on the otherside of the debt which wasn't paid. "Oh its a big corporation, they can afford it" you say? Think about the employees who don't a get a bonus / pay rise then/ now get made redundant.

For me, this is just one of the consequences of only settling a tiny fraction of your debts. As the saying goes, you can't have your cake and eat it. You make the choice not to settle....

Do you actually 'get' the point of this site? We don't judge and help people to take back control of some pretty awful situations that they find themselves in, often through no fault of their own. You may say that this IS the fault of the individual concerned, but that doesn't necessarily make it right to punish people over and over again. By all means have an opinion, but in future where it involves mudslinging, please keep it to yourself.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Its interesting that the UK's current PM managed to get his job despite previous drug taking confession. But it was drug taking at Eton, and not on a council estate, so that's not even illegal.

I only got it verbally from them but give them a call and tell them and they may write to you, is the job you are applyiong for in south london as one of the biggest insurers live there and will credit check but if they turn you down for a CCJ or debt problems do what I did E mail the CEO to the company you were declined /refused an interview copy in your MP and to the local media you will find posative results.

I faught back a little and now have a poss position with a large institution in customer services myself make a few waves the negative post on here from Jon is just that negative

good luck hope you get the job this problem should be addressed to many companies use the FSA as a way of cherry picking, as they told me it is only a few jobs which are a def no no. , what really gets to me that one gent who owns a collection agency and is also the CEO, director etc in fact has an IVA agsainst him but he is allowed to carry on regardless. whilst we have to remain on benefits

• 2 weeks later...

As many people pointed out, jons clueless. I have a ccj against me, yet have never owned a credit card or took out "buy now, pay later" things. I am off work medically and my dental costs used to be covered. Unfortunatly i was put onto a different benifit for the same condition except now i was only covered after paying upto 70 pound.

No one told me this at the time, or that i needed some form to be sent to me to fill out to even be entitled to that. After reassurances they could back date it, they then said i AM entitled to only pay 70 and was at the time of treatment but without that form being complete at the time, tough luck. They then throw on another charge for not paying the total off in a month (which i could not nearly afford to do since i was expecting that treatment to be free and frankly to pay it off in one month was impossible.

After explaining my situation and offering them an amount per month, they took it to court without warning me and was fighting that amount, i just got a letter explaining the courts sided with me on how much i should pay so it was pointless anyway. It was also a stupidly over zealous thing to do taking it to court that quickly and it was one of the first things they did when it got to sorting a payment plan out. The point is, because of this i can no longer work in the only work iv got on my cv, call centers. All the ones round here all require credit checks and with the ccj, my limited work options is now frankly looking near impossible. But im not a criminal, i dont steal, i just want a job to support myself. Jon maybe you should actually look and realise how little you know about this stuff instead of going "oh you have a ccj, your an idiot/someone responsible for loads of people being redundant". Such a stupid view to have and that alone made me sign up to this site just to reply.

The process of getting a job has become so stupid. If i have worked in call centers before and even being promoted to a assistant manager in 5 months over people who had been there years and have no record of ever stealing ever......shouldnt i at least be considered for the job since i dont see how a dental bill makes me unacceptable for the job. Also with the government crying about getting more people working, here is someone off work medically and not really feeling 100% for work but im really trying to get a job and off benifits anyway. In return i feel like i have no support over this ccj situation which was simply a case of terrible luck and people not informing me of certain things.

Edited by critbot

I think in the current job market employers can afford to be picky about who they employer and if one way of cutting down applicants is saying no CCJs then they will use it. Personally I think it is shortsighted as they could be missing the ideal candidate, but it is their choice.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Having worked for a bank, low-level banking employees have much more routine access to millions of 'ordinary' people's accounts than back office staff, investment bankers, CEOs, etc. Granted, if a low-level banking employee did try to swindle anything then they'd be caught immediately by sophisticated tracking systems in 99% of cases, but they are the ones who have the access.

Investment bankers and their fat cat bosses might have cocked up the system, but they have never been able to swindle Mrs Jones next door out of £100.

What! £35 for a letter not a swindle ? Banks are the only private company in the world that has the population by the short and curlies, is backed by governments and encouraged by the courts to rip people off.