Three Mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had ongoing problems with Three mobile since I started my contract in November. I signed up to a £30 a month One Plan with the iPhone 4s. When I signed up the contract plan was advertised at total £30-31 a month (I forget the exact figure). My bill is always £5-10 more anyway because of international calls not included in the plan anyway, but every month then I have been charged 20% VAT on top of the entire amount, which is adding up to an extra £10 a month.

In January my phone was stolen and I stupidly didn't have insurance. It was also used to make calls to Algeria between it being stolen and me realising and contacting Three. They made £30 of calls which I have had to pay for because they were made between the phone being stolen and me realising and phoning Three to report it stolen (it was because of them I found out it was stolen and not just lost somewhere in my house). At the time I was told that I wouldn't have to pay for those calls and that they were going to put a note on my account. But when my bill came I was charged for them and they're refusing to drop the charges, claiming they never told me I wouldn't have to pay it. Is there any way I can make them go back over the phone conversation recording?

Also, at the time I started my contract I had full mobile coverage at home and at work but now I have changed jobs and no longer have phone service at my new work. I never get internet connection and phone service is patchy and never more than 1 bar. I got full service at my last job out in the countryside but now I'm around Liverpool Street in central London it's terrible.

What are my options? I understand Three has a rarely publicised clause allowing customers out of their contract if "at any time they get poor coverage" but if this means terminating my contract I don't have the phone to return to them. I have been using my old iPhone 4 on the contract since my 4s was stolen. Can I terminate the contract without paying a termination fee and not returning the phone? I paid around £100-120 for the phone when I signed the contract but realise that's not the full outright fee.

I don't have the money to pay to get out of the contract either. What can I do? It's really stressing me out and Three customer service aren't helpful at all!

Looks like you have to carry on paying. You have an old phone you can use with the contract and to be honest I cant see it as the providers fault here. If I were you I would be grateful the 'stolen calls' only cost 30.00 as I have heard horror stories with presenting of huge huge call bills if did not put block on phone pronto. The phone is counted as a free gift and the contract is the service you get that you agreed to, you can still get that using your old phone.

If not insured, its normal to pay for the stolen calls prior to blocking phone. Even when insured most operators want to be informed within 24 hours to protect you.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm happy to keep paying using my old phone, my issue is with paying VAT on top of the contract amount (I was under the impression that the "total monthly cost" included VAT) and the fact that I'm not getting phone service at all at my workplace in zone 1 central London. If I was getting a service that I could use then I wouldn't have a problem with continuing the contract, but I'm not getting what I'm paying for.

The stolen phone (aside from having to pay for the calls) isn't an issue so much because it was my fault, but more a problem that if I was to cancel the contract citing the setvice problems as per Three's T&CsI don't have the phone to give back. If the phone is considered a gift as you say, does that mean I don't have to return it?

No they would insist on its return even if they did cancel unfortunately (well thats my experience with orange and on a side note its a sad realisation that we need to record all our calls with them to protect what said in the sales calls other wise their word against ours) xx

If you are having problems with service you could ask them wether any masts are out or under repair, you could also in put the postcode of the area you are getting no service and see if it comes up as covered, ring them up and get them to confirm it should and is , recording call and then raise the issue that your phone coverage is not as you fairly expected it, worth a try at least, but the loss of phone is the again an issue even if agreed :)

I do suspect best after trying, if they say no accepting that you are stuck with it, sorry

However my bad experience comes from dealign with orange so there is no harm in trying to request from 3 they help in that your coverage is not good enough, you never know, best of luck.

Vat increases are allowed.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar