Re: Payday Express - Need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for your words of wisdom, i so appreciate it. I think the old fashioned letter writing is the next plan of action. It just gets to you after a while and it doesn't help when they keep helping themselves to funds in my bank account. I now don't owe them that much since they went on their last raiding mission, and please don't worry that i'm sitting with nothing xxx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 things that you can do.

Firstly, send an email (with a read receipt if possible) withdrawing your authority for PDE (and any associated companies) to charge your account with any amount without your explicit consent.

Secondly, phone your bank as soon as possible, and get them to cancel your bank card. Report it as lost if you have to!

This should save you from worrying about PDE raiding your account as and when the mood takes them.

This doesn't escape the fact that they still need to be paid (rumours going around about the loan amount and 1 month interest), but hopefully it should give you room to breathe while you organise some method of paying them back (eg DMC's and the like).

I wish you luck!!!

rumours going around about the loan amount and 1 month interest

Hi Daddy

You make a good observation....this is only rumour and CAG has no evidence that this is fact.

As a result, folks should be aware that it would be very unwise to rely on this if they see it in any PDL threads

Regards

ims

Thanks Daddy,

I've never once said that i wouldn't pay them, just like all of us, i asked for some kind of repayment plan cause i'm sick of rolling over the debt. But no joy. So i offered £150 at the beginning of the month and the balance the last week of the month, but no, its not acceptable, not as much as a reply. But they can email me when they keep taking funds out of my account as per my instructions, which they haven't had. Thats the sickening thing xxx

Thanks Daddy,

I've never once said that i wouldn't pay them, just like all of us, i asked for some kind of repayment plan cause i'm sick of rolling over the debt. But no joy. So i offered £150 at the beginning of the month and the balance the last week of the month, but no, its not acceptable, not as much as a reply. But they can email me when they keep taking funds out of my account as per my instructions, which they haven't had. Thats the sickening thing xxx

They aren't really interested in talking to anyone unless it's payment in full. The moment you start sticking up for yourself, contesting charges, payment plans etc, they will lose interest in talking to you, let alone anything else!

As I said, your first priority is to cancel your cards. I didn't, and they took every penny of my wages. With 2 kids and no money, it wasn't a good situation to be in!

To prove the lack of communication in PDE, I got a text from them this morning saying my loan had defaulted. Half an hour later, I get an email saying I'm entitled to an extra £100 from them.

Just keep slogging away at it, it's an uphill struggle for a while, but there is certainly light at the end of the tunnel!

Hi Unhappyhamster,

When I emailed PDE I mentioned that I have also copied in theFinancial Ombudsman and Consumer Financial Association, I think that put the windupthem.

Also PDE were very slow getting back to me, I emailed them everyday in the week.

On my two last loans to sort out (Lending Stream &MacKenzie Hall) have had an email from both this morning.

Lending Stream’s Email

Dear Sid,

Lending Stream has tried to contact you today to assist youwith your query. Please call 0845 351 1482.

We are unable to freeze the interest as per your term andconditions. Please call to discuss to a payment plan with the Financial difficultiesteam who may be able to set a payment plan and freeze the interest .

Regards,

Customer Care Team

Lending Stream

Email: info@lendingstream.co.uk Website: www.lendingstream.co.uk

Not Sure what to do with this one (Has anyone just paid theOriginal Loan amount + one month’s interest, instead of paying all the interestthat is paid every month on to the account)??

MacKenzie Hall Email

Dear Sid

Thank you for your email

As per your request the statements relating to your QuickQuid account have been requested and will forwarded to yourself once received.

Please be advised that on receipt of the documentaion thebalance of £887.00 will be due paid in full.

If you have any further questions please contact the officeon 01563 556 544.

Many Thanks

Heather Alexander

Any ideas with these two, tough customers to deal with?

Hope you can help

Many Thanks

Sid

Their terms and conditions dont supercede your statutory and legal rights.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update still no sense out of Mackenzie Hall and Lending Stream, also does anyone know the best way of paying the other 3 Loans I have??

I dont want them to get my bank detail's (Can I go into a Money Shop or Post office and pay them)??

The 3 that I am paying next Tuesday are Wonga, Payday Express and 1 Month Loan.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Many Thanks

Sid

Mackenzie Hall are a bunch or idiots who can not read english (or possibly any other language). I wrote them recorded saying that I considered the matter closed as I had an email from QQ that my account was now closed. I also said that the only acceptable form of communication was by letter...so what did they do...write back asking me to call them! Of course I ran to the phone and did just that ...NOT. Filed it under T for Twit

Actually i keep all copies in a place I know where to find it

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update still no sense out of Mackenzie Hall and Lending Stream, also does anyone know the best way of paying the other 3 Loans I have??

I dont want them to get my bank detail's (Can I go into a Money Shop or Post office and pay them)??

The 3 that I am paying next Tuesday are Wonga, Payday Express and 1 Month Loan.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Many Thanks

Sid

Have you tried emailing them and asking for bank details so you can set up a standing order (quite safe)

Have you tried emailing them and asking for bank details so you can set up a standing order (quite safe)

And they can get your bank details that way. Use a prepaid card and nothing more. That is the absolute safest way.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Prepaid cards may be safe but cost you money.

Standing orders are 100% safe and so long as you have the money in your account are 100% free . If you don't believe me ask your bank or one of the site team on here

And they can get your bank details that way. Use a prepaid card and nothing more. That is the absolute safest way.

Am I bad?

I have just put a post on lending streams facebook page telling people to look at this site:lol::mad2::mad2:

If it educates people enough not to deal with these legalised loan sharks, go for it.

Just had a look. Can't see the post, or any of the others that question their business practices! Maybe they've started taking them straight off... It was getting a bit flooded with complaints lol.

It never rains but it pours...

Report Mucky Hall to Sam Gardiner at East Ayrshire Trading Standards....

If they send you the envelopes you have to send back to them do one of the following (I do it now to certain companies who KNOW they are in the wrong)

1. Fill it with all the fast food leaflets you don't use and make sure it is overweight so they will be charged for it

2. Send back the ones where they want YOU to put a stamp on EMPTY

Very childish but soon they will get the message.

Hello All,

What a lovely day today, I was just thinking that I can just get the bank details and pay cash into they accounts using a reference as proof.

What do people think??

Many Thanks

Sid

I think you should get the idea of paying them out of your head until you havean idea of the amount you actually owe them. Not the amount that they claim you do.

Hi Renegadeimp,

Thanks for the response, if you have a look at page 1 of the thread you will see that I have already come to an agreement with Payday Express, Wonga and 1 Month Loan.

The only 2 that I am having problems with are Lending Stream and MacKenzie Hall.

But will not be paying them until I have it confirmed in writing from the 2 above.

Many Thanks

Sid

Mackenzie hall are already being investigated by trading standards. Ignore all communication with them for now.

Lending stream seem to be similar to minicredit. They prefer to ignore communication and hike up charges. Both of which is against OFT regulations. Perhaps you should remind them of this. Also, file a complaint with lending streams complaints department then the FOS/OFT. Once the FOS gets involved, theyll soon buck their ideas up with your account, since FOS charge lending stream £500 to investigate your case. It's also one of the reasons why another PDL, minicredit wrote off over 50 loans that were filed with FOS.