ESA Letter saying will be stopped from new legislation...help please.

Markb73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Recieved a letter from esa saying from end of april they will stop paying it ???????

New welfare reforms i believe, has this happenned to anyone else here yet?

My question is does anyone know what benefit i am now supposed to apply for being unable to work and getting into the suppport group is immpossible, however i recieve higher rate dla care and mobiity but apparently am still not eligable for support group, does anyone have any ideas what to do next as i am not going to be able to live in my flat without these paymnets?

Thanks in advance guys , yet another way for the government to pick on us sick and disabled yet again.

Hi and thanks for the reply, I cannot claim income related esa due to partners part timne work being classed as full time in the eyes of the benefits , it really beggers belief they can just stop the benefit just like that , if i could flaming well work i would believe me .

I am just wondering if anyone knows if and what we can do in this situation as i dont know where to turn now regarding esa , if it gets stopped i am in poop creek without a paddle lol,

You partner may be entitled to Working Tax Credit. Check the directgov website for eligibilty etc.

Its worth noting that your ESA claim will still remain open, its the just money side that stops. You will still get your NI credits paid and be entitled to help from your local JC etc.

You partner may be entitled to Working Tax Credit. Check the directgov website for eligibilty etc.

Its worth noting that your ESA claim will still remain open, its the just money side that stops. You will still get your NI credits paid and be entitled to help from your local JC etc.[/quote

Hi m8ty, yes I am aware of this but it don't make any sense why I'm not in support group when I'm on higher rate mobility and care of dla , perhaps I'm two people in their eyes .

Whether you can get housing benefit and council tax benefit has nothing to do with hours worked. It is income based so if your income is low then you may qualify. Many people have to use their DLA to feed themselves and pay normal household bills unfortunately, more will be doing that with the new rules.

the fact you get middle rate care means you pertner could get an underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance which would give them a £30 income disregard on HB. They may also be entitled to extra tax credits, when your ESA stops.

Markb73, Just out of curiosity do you get Higher Rate Mobility for being unable to mobilise less than 50 mts ??? if so you may be able to argue this fact for entitlement for entry into the Support Group of ESA, unable to mobilise 50mts or more is a descriptor for entry into the Support Group, just a thought.. dont know wether it would work?? but I would say is worth a try...... Good Luck.

Hi,

I also received a letter today telling me that my contribution based ESA will end on the 30th of April,......ironically only last week i received another ESA50 form to fill in by ATOS,i have spoken to the DWP this afternoon,in a nutshell i sitll have to fill in the ESA50 and return it or my benefits will cease on the 6th of April,naturally i wont be putting my full effort in to this because it is now pointles:(.

I also asked the adviser today if i can apply for jobseekers allowance after April the 30th whilst i attempt to find a job with an employer who will take account of my health problems,i have been informed that i can't apply for ANY contribution based benefit (this info will i hope be of help to many others who find themselves in the same situation).

So that's it for me, 40 years of work and national insurance contributions and i'm now going to receive nothing......what i think of Cameron and his fellow "snake oil salesmen" in the cabinet is unprintable........don't know how they can sleep at night.

Gary.

I got a letter before Christmas saying I may lose this benefit, it was not law yet but they were just telling me in case.

Does this mean that it is definitely going to happen.

As I only get benefits and no other income apart from my child's keep money would I be eligible for income based ESA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi you all I got phone call saying DLA will stop in April as well I quizzed the lady caller was told that you can appeal so I have also got the papers coming to do a appeal

I think I will be appealing that the fact I was put in work support group should have been in other group

But we have to see

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all , just a quick update......regarding esa being stopped.

It might be a good idea if you are my position getting dla at higher rates and were in the wrag of esa and not the support group, to get you GP involved.

I have had my GP come to my home and has examined me again and is going to write the DWP decision maker with a report on my health, he will also hold back no punches as he has seen the ATOS assessment of myself and the words were " this person hasnt obviously got a clue about health issues" , this may work as it did with the DLA side.

The other thing i got going on at the moment is my local MP is also hitting the DWP with letters argueing that because i recently won against them on the DLA side of things , although they are different benefits they are basically asking why i am not in the support group already as walking is the most problematic part of my spinal problems and others on top.

Will keep posted if it works out and then maybe we all in the same boat can fight them in the same way.

Oh and amstill waiting for ATOS to call me in as well , should be a good laugh as they clearly do not like it up em as the last time they admitted they were wrong and not liable but offered me £200 to shut up about it , laughable people.