Parking on School zigzag lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help!!

I have been given 2 PCNs (2 consecutive days) for parking on the school zigzag lines.. is there any way I can challenge these? I parked my car for few minutes to pick up my son from school as he had a leg injury (hospital can verify it) and some part of my car was on the zigzag line. The parking ticket was issued by the controlled camera about 100 ytds up the road. I did not leave the vehicle unattended at any point in time and as I did not come out of the car didn’t realise that part of my car was on zigzag line. I always take extra car when I park near the school, obviously pupil safety comes first.

Can someone please advise how can I proceed with my appeal to cancel these PCNs?

:sad:

The Headmistress at our local primary school actually encourages parking on the school zig zags because she doesn't want her pupils to walk too far to the school buses. Unfortunately these monsters obscure the approaching service bus and we passengers have to stand in the middle of the road to stop it. She appears to be quite unrepentant about it so she ought to get ten parking tickets.

The Headmistress at our local primary school actually encourages parking on the school zig zags because she doesn't want her pupils to walk too far to the school buses. Unfortunately these monsters obscure the approaching service bus and we passengers have to stand in the middle of the road to stop it. She appears to be quite unrepentant about it so she ought to get ten parking tickets.

Unless there any yellow signs which support the zig-zag markings, it isn't actually an offence to stop on them. They would merely be advisory.