Can i make a freedom of information request to find out where a mental health doctor has moved to?

jqinfo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

I am looking to find a mental health doctor who has recently moved out of our area. We have asked at the clinic where she was and they say they do not know. Obviously this is untrue because they would have to forward mail etc; and I have also enquired with all the local mental health admin offices and PALS etc to no avail.

I am being told that she has moved out of the area and that they are not allowed to tell me where. We moved into the area and eventually received proper treatment for my daughter after being let down by previous local services several times over. Just as my daughter was building up a rapport with this doctor and she felt she was being listened to, the doctor left without notice. Not the usual transfer of a patient to a new doctor under controlled circumstances, but sudden cancelled appointment, gone, never to be seen again!

I was wondering if she had moved to a nearby county where she could be contacted and perhaps seen privately for a short while to help my daughter with her issues, but I cannot get any help to contact the doctor.

Can I make a Freedom of Information request about her location or email address? One email enquiry is all I would like to send and if no joy, to continue to try to work with what we have been left with?

What are our rights, does anyone know or have experience in this?

Many thanks for anyone taking the time to read and/or respond to me.

JQ :???:

Hi jq

Have you 'Googled' the name of the doctor?

Some info:- http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/the_acts.aspx

http://www.family-doctor.org.uk/FindDoctor.aspx

Hello rebel11

I have Googled everything, but I only have a surname. The list of doctors only hold GPs and their surgeries, not mental health practitioners, I have tried the Royal College to no avail. I am beginning to wonder why I am not being given this information if it is public info or if it is an acceptable request? Has she done something wrong and they do not want her practising, or perhaps the clinic have done something wrong and do not want me finding out? Either way I am becoming suspicious?

I looked at the links thank you, I wonder if the FOI can exclude me from the info saying it is personal contact info and therefore cannot be given?

JQ

Hi jq

Maybe write a letter to Health Trust covering your area seeking the information.

Maybe give the BMA a ring:- http://www.bma.org.uk/

Thank you again, I have just tried them,they put me on to the GMC and they need more than a surname, so I am going to try and find a letter from her or the clinic and see if there are any more details? At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Thank you once again.

JQ :-)

If you know the surname and it is not too 'universal', then the GMC's 'registration status checker' might enable you to identify whether the doctor is still practising and give you quite a few further details, including registration number, at the same time - which in turn could considerably narrow down further google searches.

You can access that from the GMC's home page, top right hand side:-

See http://www.gmc-uk.org/

I guess I was composing my last post jqinfo just as you were posting your further info.

The point about the GMC registration checker is that you don't need all the checkbox items: just enter what you know eg surname and gender, and it will list all the registered people who fit. Hope that's clearer. Best of luck.

I guess I was composing my last post jqinfo just as you were posting your further info.

The point about the GMC registration checker is that you don't need all the checkbox items: just enter what you know eg surname and gender, and it will list all the registered people who fit. Hope that's clearer. Best of luck.

Thank you nolgion, yes I was just doing it! I have searched on surname and gende and there are many, but again it does need more info, but I thought if I clicked on the "speciality" that might give me a pointer, but it only gives a definition with no info! I will keep trying and thank you again.

JQ :-)

Is it possible that this dr is no longer practising ?

I have been told that she has moved out of arera and that they cannot tell me where and they cannot give me her contact detail either. :-(

JQ