Failed Vetting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

At my second interview I was offered the job. A couple of days later I was sent, via email, a letter of intent. Also was sent vetting and referencing forms to complete.

I completed these and emailed them back - a few days later I was told I did not pass the vetting stage and the offer of employment was withdrawn - was asked to get a copy of my credit report which I did and only saw 2 items highlighted that I had already declared on the vetting form.

They said they couldn’t give me any further information due to data protection act and instead sent me a SubjectAccess Request form to complete and request all details they held on me (enclosinga £10 cheque).

A couple of days later got a call from the Data Protection team saying they didn’t have this information and that I should not have been charged. They said that I did not reach their criteria and when I asked what this was they said they couldn’t say due to Data Protection Act so I am none the wiser.

What can I do to find out what happen and why the offer of employment was withdrawn?

Thank you

Pearl123

Edited by Pearl123

The DPA requires that information is held no longer than needed.

But it does seem very unlikely they have no record of you at all so soon.

As its an internal procedure of a company - there is no standard or law that would dictate what they required to do - so the only thing I would suggest would be (if they still have your tenner) submit a complaint to the ICO stating you were declined the jon days before having initially being offered it. Then there is nothing on your record with them to show why they changed their mind.

The bad news is I don't really see it going anywhere other than taking up more of your time. Thats probably why there was no torrent of replies.

Bang! - thank you just thought that I could find out why, more for myself going forwards when I apply for other jobs......

Johnvernon74 - yes it was with a high street bank at their HQ as PA.

Chances are that even though you declared the two markers on your credit report this would have been sufficient for you to not meet their employment criteria and that they do not hold any more data other than that. The people conductiing interviews rarely have the final say in employment at these institutions, and you probably missed a benchline mark on a scoring table somewhere.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!