Time Limit on Claims to Debt Collection Agents

Rowellfair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was conned by a debt collection agency 4 years ago. They broke many rules:

1. Purchased a debt with a long standing arrangement and refused to acknowledge the arrangement

2. Check my credit file and found I had money available on Credit Card and insisted I paid the full amount on that card.

3. Threatened me with a 'Warrant'

and were generally rude, unhelpful and aggressive. The Company was Rockwell.

I foolishly paid them off in full on my credit card. I have only just found this out.

Can I still now complain and harass them? Is there a statute of limitation on complaints?

Thank in advance.

Hi

I would hate to get on the wrong side of you if you would hold a grudge for 4 years :-)

I think that after all this time, any complaint would just be laughed at. You should have complained at the time.

Depending on what type of debt it was, (loan, credit card) do you know if you had charges or PPI added?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It was a debt for 2 HSBC Credit Cards. I had written the Rockwell incident off in my mind until something came up a week or so back, that reminded me about what they had done. I started digging around and found what they had done was wrong. That miffed me that I had let them con me. I don't think any charges were added and I have never taken out PPI, have always thought that was a con, looks like I was proved right on that one anyway. I also now see that Rockwell have a pretty shabby record. I think they need taking to task and as I don't owe them anything I can kick up as much fuss as I like, there is not much they can do about it.

Thanks for your reply.

Rowellfair, Let it go mate, it will only make you more bitter. Put it down to one of life's experiences.... You would have thought in this day and age of internet that many people would be clued up as to there rights when dealing with these low-lifes,,, but sadly NO... HOW MANY people out there are still being fleeced by these B*****ds

hmmmmmm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959