Please help! CSL complaint!! 30% to cancel order????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Please bare with me as this is my first posting and im looking for some advice.

on December 27th 2011 my and the other half saw a sofa we quite liked in CSL Nottingham, We were immediately hit with the sales man and we had a chat with regards to it. We explained that we were having a house built and that we could be having an issue with drain planning, and if so then the sofa we liked wouldnt fit, due to a wall having to come forward altering the dimensions of the living room. We wouldnt know for a month, and then if we ordered after this date it would take another 12 weeks for the sofa to come.

He explained that we could put a 10% deposit down on the sofa (£114) and that would "hold" the sofa for us and it would take 12 weeks from this date to arrive. He also told us that we could cancel under no obligation should the wall needed to be moved. We explained that we also wanted to take finance out and that we would do this when we knew about the wal and if we could have itl to which "yes thats no problem" was the out come.

Anyway.......

The wall needed to be moved, so we cancelled the sofa (or tried to!). We were told that the sofa was being made as it wasnt there "stock" colour and that we would need to pay 30% (a further £229). I explained what the sales man had said but they were adamant that they wanted this extra 20% to cancel. I asked to see the terms and conditions stating this, and they sent me a photocopy of CSL terms that state:

"If we agree to cancel this contract, you agree to pay a standard fee which is a percentage of the total order value"

No percentage was stated i,e 10% 20% 30% etc and we WERE NOT made aware of this before signing or we never would have! To me this means that CSL could even say its 95%.

What i cant understand is if this is the case then why is the deposit not 30%??? And what if we couldnt get finance as well, as this is what we agreed with the sales man.

We told the store that we were not paying, and they in turn escalated it to Head Office which sent a letter stating the same photo copy and then a copy of the terms and conditions from there website. The one from the website does state 30% as the percentage to cancel the order, but we ordered in store not off the web and were not made aware of this fact. They then said that if the wall had been moved due to a planning issues then we should seek compensation with the planners and builders and not CSL and that we were liable for the 30% still.

Im really at a loss. Ive been mis-sold a sofa and now im expected to pay 30% for the privaliage!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Liam

• 5 months later...

On my first order with CSL and I am very confused with the service provided by the staff. On July 30 I and the other half saw a sofa we quite liked in CSL Brent Cross, We were immediately hit with the sales man and we had a chat with regards to it. We explained that we were live in Flat with standard UK door in fourth floor and that we could be having an issue with the door, if so then the sofa we liked wouldn’t fit. Then he granted with his words it was OK for standard doors!, He also told us that we could cancel under no obligation should it not fit, because the sofa was not being made for you on request but it was there in "stock" and that is why it has a rose(read) Tag on it which says It will be delivered with in 72hours. He also explained that we could put a 10% deposit down on the sofa (£230) and that would "hold" the sofa for us and it would take 72hrs from this date to arrive. He also explained to us that we can take finance out and that we have done on the rest £2,161.10 to pay £102.90monthly instalment.The sofa was arrived on 9th of August and didn’t fit the Outer door and the drivers took it back to the store. The lady who said herself from the CSL head office told to me that I have to pay £120 because they took the sofa back. I said to her no one was told to me about £120 when I ordered the sofa in store so I will go to store and have a word with them. Then I went the store in the same day and explained the situation but they said I have to talk to head office. I requested to talk to the store manager. Then they pointed to the manager called Ranjit. I explained the whole story again to him and he gave me the option in which we agreed that I could choose another sofa which was smaller in size that can fit the door and he will discuss with his manager from head office and let us know on the next day. We did choose the replacement sofa and went home. On the next day about 10:00hrs Mr Ranjit called and informed that he has another option rather than yesterdays which I have to remove windows from fourth floor to take the sofa in. I said it was impossible to do that as it is a council property and even so we need a crane to lift up to fourth floor. Then he said don’t talk to him anymore and dropped the phone. I have called head office on 10.08.2012 at about 10:30 again and asked the lady with the name Amanda for her advice regarding the situation. She said she will talk to store manager and will get back to me. The she put me through to store manager. Then the man who dropped the phone said to me I have to pay £90 if I want to cancel the order. Then I called back to head office but this time picked up the phone not Amanda but Judith. She asked me from scratch all the story again on 0844… number which was not cheap to call. I requested her to talk to Amanda but she denied passing the massage and wanted to deal the cause herself. Then she said the stores are cancelling the order and she will send a conformation email to me. Saying: “Dear Mr. Tasew , As per our conversation today I can confirm that the store have put in process to cancel your order And that the deposit will be retained as the 30% cancellation fee. Regards, Judith Customer Services”.I really appreciate for your advice. You can guess how I feel?

Please help! CSL complaint!! 30% to cancel order???? On my first order with CSL and I am very confused with the service provided by the staff. On July 30 I and the other half saw a sofa we quite liked in CSL Brent Cross, We were immediately hit with the sales man and we had a chat with regards to it. We explained that we were live in Flat with standard UK door in fourth floor and that we could be having an issue with the door, if so then the sofa we liked wouldn’t fit. Then he granted with his words it was OK for standard doors!, He also told us that we could cancel under no obligation should it not fit, because the sofa was not being made for you on request but it was there in "stock" and that is why it has a rose(read) Tag on it which says It will be delivered with in 72hours. He also explained that we could put a 10% deposit down on the sofa (£230) and that would "hold" the sofa for us and it would take 72hrs from this date to arrive. He also explained to us that we can take finance out and that we have done on the rest £2,161.10 to pay £102.90monthly instalment.The sofa was arrived on 9th of August and didn’t fit the Outer door and the drivers took it back to the store. The lady who said herself from the CSL head office told to me that I have to pay £120 because they took the sofa back. I said to her no one was told to me about £120 when I ordered the sofa in store so I will go to store and have a word with them. Then I went the store in the same day and explained the situation but they said I have to talk to head office. I requested to talk to the store manager. Then they pointed to the manager called Ranjit. I explained the whole story again to him and he gave me the option in which we agreed that I could choose another sofa which was smaller in size that can fit the door and he will discuss with his manager from head office and let us know on the next day. We did choose the replacement sofa and went home. On the next day about 10:00hrs Mr Ranjit called and informed that he has another option rather than yesterdays which I have to remove windows from fourth floor to take the sofa in. I said it was impossible to do that as it is a council property and even so we need a crane to lift up to fourth floor. Then he said don’t talk to him anymore and dropped the phone. I have called head office on 10.08.2012 at about 10:30 again and asked the lady with the name Amanda for her advice regarding the situation. She said she will talk to store manager and will get back to me. The she put me through to store manager. Then the man who dropped the phone said to me I have to pay £90 if I want to cancel the order. Then I called back to head office but this time picked up the phone not Amanda but Judith. She asked me from scratch all the story again on 0844… number which was not cheap to call. I requested her to talk to Amanda but she denied passing the massage and wanted to deal the cause herself. Then she said the stores are cancelling the order and she will send a conformation email to me. Saying: “Dear Mr. Tasew , As per our conversation today I can confirm that the store have put in process to cancel your order And that the deposit will be retained as the 30% cancellation fee. Regards, Judith Customer Services”.Now I don't know what to do andI really appreciate for your advice. You can guess how I feel?