AA Loans HBOS sar stalling tacticsl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi had two loans with the AA about 2000 to 2004 and i am 99% sure they had PPI on them so sent SAR template letter.

plus the £10 fee explained in the letter that i had no statements or account numbers for the two loans.

they replied straight away saying i provided insufficient details to locate any AA accounts.

we wiil be unable to process your request until we have these alternatively you can contact us to arrange the return of

your fee.

I wrote back telling them again i do not have any account numbers or statement of accounts but they dont read

what i am telling them and another letter comes telling me the same as the first they can not process my request without this information.they apologise for any inconvenience but to enable your request to be dealt with, you must return the enclosed

together with the required details as soon as possible.

how many times do i have to tell them i dont have this information till they get the message.

and what is my next plan of action.and can they just keep telling me to provide the info i do not have.

any advise would be welcome a big thanks in advance cheers ian

Hi

Did you give them your full name and the address(es) you were at when the loans were taken out for the duration of their existence?

If the loans were settled in 2004 then it may be that they actually don't have details on you any more.

ims

yes i gave them my full name and address where i was when i took the loans out and yes they were probably paid off by 2004 so does that mean i cant get that information because it is so old thanks ian

Hi

The thing is that they only have to retain information for a period of six years following the ending of a relationship. Having said that, we do know that some banks hold information for a lot longer.

What I would do is send them the failed SAR letter from the CAG library.

Add in a paragraph to the effect that you are not satisfied that they cannot locate your information from the details you have supplied and that you intend to bring their non compliance to the attention of the ICO by way of a formal complaint to them.

See if that jogs them into looking a bit harder or at least confirm in writing that they no longer hold any data for you

ims