Parking ticket on a private road?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys.

I am in need of your help once again.

I was in London on the weekend and parked on a Unnamed road in Harrow.

This is the road:

//g.co/maps/faext

(please add the begining of the url your self)

I was parked directly opposite the bins. Which had a single Yellow line, with a dash (blip) on the pavement.

I received a parking ticket stating:

"Parked or Loading / Unloading in a restricted street were waiting and loading / unloading restrictions are in place"

at 21:15 in the evening.

Having looked at google maps (see image below, i added the red line for the approximate location), the road isnt marked on the maps, also it is unamed. I suspect it is a private road.

1. is this the case?

2. If it is a private road can council enforcement officers give me a ticket there?

Parkingticket1.jpg

Parkingticket2.jpg

Edited by CrazeUK

the clincher is the words on the 'ticket'

if it does says {exactly}

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

and ONLY those three EXACT words

its real

if not its a

its a speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you are going to post links/pics use:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The fact that the on-street yellow lines continue around the corners of the junction suggests to me that they were painted in one operation, and deliberately so - which in turn suggests that this is part of the highway and legit - the end part in any case, where pedestrians have obvious right of access.

However I think you'd be better off enquiring with the council - not the Parking people but the people who deal with highways. You need to find out if this is public highway (not whether it is privately owned, which is different!!), and if where you were parked is within the highway boundary. If it is, then the yellow lines are enforceable. If it isn't, they probably are not.

Out of interest, if this street has no name, what is the location stated on the PCN?

THE HARROW (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (AMENDMENT NO.) TRAFFIC ORDER

THE HARROW (PRESCRIBED ROUTE) (NO.TRAFFIC ORDER

Notice is hereby given that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by the Local Government Act 1985, and all other enabling powers.

2. The general effect of the Orders would be to move the existing point closure in Elm Park about 15 metres north of its existing position and to provide additional waiting and loading restrictions on either side of the new position of the closure. This would also prevent obstructive parking near the car park entrance to the new Sainsbury development.

3. The proposed waiting restrictions are set out in Schedule 1 to this notice and the proposed loading restrictions are set out in Schedule 2 to this notice.

4. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 3 above would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a parking attendant or in certain circumstances, e.g., the picking-up or setting-down of passengers; the carrying out of statutory powers or duties; etc. The usual exemption relating to vehicles lawfully displaying a disabled persons Orange Badge would apply.

5. A copy of the proposed Orders and documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders are available for inspection, during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until 8th February 2001, the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published, in the Environmental Information Centre at the address below. Further information can be obtained by telephoning 020 8424 1508.

6. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed Order must be made in writing and sent to the Head of Environment, Planning and Transportation at the address given below, quoting Ref. BD2012/92.05/37, not later than the date specified in paragraph 5 to this notice. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.

S. J. Swain,

Transportation Manager, Environment, Planning and Transportation

Department of Environmental Services, PO Box 37, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow HA1 2UY.

Schedule 1

No Waiting

StreetPrescribed hours

Elm Park:(a) the south-west side:

(i) between a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 6 and 8 Elm Park and a point 4 metres south-east of a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 12 and 16 Elm Park At any time(ii) between a point 4 metres south-east of a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 12 and 16 Elm Park and a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 19 and 21 Elm Park; Mon-Sat 8 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.(b) the north-east side,

(i) between its junction with Church Road and a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 6 and 8 Elm Park; Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnight(ii) between a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 6 and 8 Elm Park and a point opposite the southern flank wall of No. 18 Elm Park; At any time(iii) between a point opposite the southern flank wall of No. 18 Elm Park and a point opposite the common boundary opposite the party wall of Nos. 19 and 21 Elm Park; Mon-Sat 8 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.

The service road, off Elm Park, which lies at the rear of Nos. 1 to 5 The Broadway, Stanmore and Nos. 2 to 36 Church Road:the south-eastern side, between its junction with Elm Park and a point 10 metres east of the extended north-eastern kerb-line of Elm Park. Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnightSchedule 2

No Loading

StreetPrescribed hours

Elm Park:

(b) the north-east side;

(ii) between its junction with the service road at the rear of Nos. 2-36 Church Road and a point opposite the southern flank wall of No. 18 Elm Park. Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnight

The service road, off Elm Park to the rear of Nos. 2-36 Church Road and 1-3 The Broadway, Stanmore;

(b) the south side;

(i) between its junction with Elm Park and a point 10 metres east of the extended north-eastern kerb-line of Elm Park; Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnight

the clincher is the words on the 'ticket'

if it does says {exactly}

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

and ONLY those three EXACT words

its real

if not its a

its a speculative invoice

dx

Its definitly a PCN

The fact that the on-street yellow lines continue around the corners of the junction suggests to me that they were painted in one operation, and deliberately so - which in turn suggests that this is part of the highway and legit - the end part in any case, where pedestrians have obvious right of access.

However I think you'd be better off enquiring with the council - not the Parking people but the people who deal with highways. You need to find out if this is public highway (not whether it is privately owned, which is different!!), and if where you were parked is within the highway boundary. If it is, then the yellow lines are enforceable. If it isn't, they probably are not.

Out of interest, if this street has no name, what is the location stated on the PCN?

The notice says:

"Was seen at location:

UNNAMED RD OFF ELM PK HA7

NXTSAINSBURYSCARPARK"

StreetPrescribed hours

Elm Park:(a) the south-west side:

(i) between a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 6 and 8 Elm Park and a point 4 metres south-east of a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 12 and 16 Elm Park At any time(ii) between a point 4 metres south-east of a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 12 and 16 Elm Park and a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 19 and 21 Elm Park; Mon-Sat 8 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.(b) the north-east side,

(i) between its junction with Church Road and a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 6 and 8 Elm Park; Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnight(ii) between a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 6 and 8 Elm Park and a point opposite the southern flank wall of No. 18 Elm Park; At any time(iii) between a point opposite the southern flank wall of No. 18 Elm Park and a point opposite the common boundary opposite the party wall of Nos. 19 and 21 Elm Park; Mon-Sat 8 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.

The service road, off Elm Park, which lies at the rear of Nos. 1 to 5 The Broadway, Stanmore and Nos. 2 to 36 Church Road:the south-eastern side, between its junction with Elm Park and a point 10 metres east of the extended north-eastern kerb-line of Elm Park. Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnightSchedule 2

No Loading

StreetPrescribed hours

Elm Park:

(b) the north-east side;

(ii) between its junction with the service road at the rear of Nos. 2-36 Church Road and a point opposite the southern flank wall of No. 18 Elm Park. Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnight

The service road, off Elm Park to the rear of Nos. 2-36 Church Road and 1-3 The Broadway, Stanmore;

(b) the south side;

(i) between its junction with Elm Park and a point 10 metres east of the extended north-eastern kerb-line of Elm Park; Mon-Sun 8 a.m. to 12 midnight

I presume this then includes the place where I parked? So its legitimate?

Thanks

Edited by CrazeUK

Was there a plate to support the SYL?

Do you mean the yellow notice? To be honest i cant remember, my partner said she looked and thought it was fine. Although on google maps you can see one at the other side of the road.

Unfortunately i am not from London, so getting down there would be costly in fuel lol.

I've just had a look on street view and there does appear to plates although I cannot see what they say. Street View dosn't actually cover the road in question. It looks to me as if it's a typical service road to serve the rear of some shops.