Advice desperately needed please ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

From what I can remember they are all the same, bastards. However stay calm, stick to your guns, be polite and you will get there. Insist on communication in writing, if necessary remind them of OFT guidelines on debt collection, keep a record of letters/phone calls and again if necessary do not be afraid to threaten them with a complaint to the OFT. (in my case that worked with carterforbes). Do not set up payment plans with your debit card, ask for their bank details so you can do a standing order (not a DD) Hope that helps

Be strong

Make sure that if they have your card details that you call your bank and cancel it. Also write to the bank advising that you DO NOT AUTHORISE and payments going out to these companies. Be specific in the names of the companies - WRITE to the bank and make sure you send recorded delivery. If you have a local branch take it into the branch and ask them to sign for the letter. Read the new bank regs on the home page, lots of information on what banks must do.

Some people on here that have been successful on here have had their salary or benefits paid into another bank account or have set one up to facilitate this. From reading lots about these legalised loan sharks - usually you will get away with original loan plus 1 month interest. Be firm with them put everything in writing and dont give them anything. Ask them for their bank details and send Standing Orders (you control)

This will take you a while to sort this **** out but you will be fine.

Thanx John for your advice, i have a brand new bank account & sort code with a different bank & they wont be getting the details for sure. I am already 2 payments into a 6 month payment plan with Wage day Advance who to be honest apart from a bit of moaning to begin with set up a plan that i could afford, (when i told them that basically they could take it or leave it) they were fine ! I use their bank details & sort code to make these payments. I am now in the process of dealing with Swift Sterling.....One Month Loan & Payday UK, If i get any problems with any of them then i shall just politely say that i will only offer what i can afford to pay & no more & i will tell them that if they threaten me with court then i will be more than willing to go & present my case & then see what they get money wise ?? Once you take away their scare tactics & threats, (which are bulls**t anyway) they really have not got much left to throw at you, i would not think there is a court anywhere that would punish anyone for OFFERING TO PAY ?? At the end of the day both parties want it resolved as amicably as possible & once the PDL companies know they cannot bully you then they will reluctantly set up a plan & go away ! Nearly all the PDL companies on here all say that they definately will not set up payment plans but do if you stand your ground, any payment is better than no payment at all ???