AOL/TalkTalk common disconnect problems and then engineers visit and charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it me or does it seem odd that many customers are experiencing the same kind of faults (disconnection/poor line speed) which are then followed by an offer of an engineer by Indian call centre staff. This engineer then fails to show or turns up either out of the blue or at the wrong time or wrong day. Then a charge is levied of £129.99 which is both disproportionate and strange as no engineer actually gained access or did very little work if he did turn up.

THEN to make matters worse Indian call centres refuse to actually call you back when promised and you are left in limbo with the worry of these appalling charges.

Appalling service from AOL (Talk Talk).

I have been a customer for ten years with no issues!! Suddenly in the last 2 years everything has changed. I will not be renewing my contract with them.

if an engineer didn't carry out any work inside the house he called at then they can not charge anything. they can only charge if the fault was inside the house and even then i agree 129.99 is miles over the top but they all have the same policy in place.

Have argued the same thing with bt over the charge and managed to get them to drop it as it was a fault inside there master socket which clearly had the BT logo on the front of it so to me it was there equiptment that was at fault.

Try their "member forum" at http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php and see if they'll do anything. (at least you'll have a response in black and white if they say the charge stands)

If that fails, email the CEO dido.harding@talktalkplc.com

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I've e mailed Dido Harding and received an apology but it is 10am Monday and still no real response about what is happening. I was promised a call back on Saturday by someone called RAMESH at the AOL call centre in India and (surprise surprise) nothing.

The charge is clearly a rip off and the fact that NO APPOINTMENT was ever made for an engineer yet they suddenly charge me 4 months later is extremely annoying. It is stealing from my account in my book.

Its also VERY suspicious that other customers of talk talk have had EXACTLY the same fault and engineer charge issues.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Just checked my bank account and they've taken the money! I wasnt expecting a bill from AOL for this amount and so this has further repercussions.

Regarding the TalkTalk forum - I tried to register on this forum but it wouldn't recognise my AOL account details

Edited by blueskies123

Guest TalkTalk Offical Company Rep

hi Blueskies,

When initally attempting to register you need to send your account and telephone number via the contact form for validation. AOL customers can register on the TTMF Forums, we just need to follow the validation process.

Regards

Mark

TalkTalk Online Community Department

hi Blueskies,

When initally attempting to register you need to send your account and telephone number via the contact form for validation. AOL customers can register on the TTMF Forums, we just need to follow the validation process.

Regards

Mark

TalkTalk Online Community Department

Yes I did that but it wouldnt recognise my AOL account number or telephone number. I also sent a message to that effect but no one has replied as yet.

Did you try the CEO? The TalkTalk Members forum is great, but if you cannot access that, the CEO's department also has a good track record of sorthing things.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Did you try the CEO? The TalkTalk Members forum is great, but if you cannot access that, the CEO's department also has a good track record of sorthing things.

If you mean Dido Harding then as I said in a prevous post..yes. My complaint was then passed on to a member of staff who has promised a full refund and agreed that no appointment had been made. It was them chancing I'd say nothing and just pay.

They also said it was an automatic BT Openreach charge and little to do with them. Not sure why they use BT engineers when I got rid of them to be honest.

They also said it was my own fault that the money was taken as I didnt check my bill earlier!

However their system of e mail billing notifications does not work and hasn't since October 2010. It was purely by chance that I found out when I did.

It is all a mess and their Indian call centres do not help one bit.

They said that they receive so few complaints that they will not be changing things anytime soon.

Unbelievable arrogance.

Edited by blueskies123

Blueskies i have just read your post. It shows i am not the only one who has experienced horrendous problems with this company including disconnection.

I am going to start a new thread regarding my problems with "TalkTalk" don't want to be accused of "hi-jacking" your thread. lol ( I could write a book about what i went through with this company) have a read if you get the chance.