style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had exactly the same thing and I am no longer an Npower customer. I terminated my contract 2 years ago. Was sent a bill saying I owe zero then AFTER I had left issued with numerous other bills. Took to the Enrgy Ombudsman. Heard nothing now I have debt collection letters. I intend on tuesday to take them to court for Harassment using Ponceltt v Npower as precendent. Howver if I can not raise the £80 court costs (been off work 3 weeks with depression - self employed therefore business has collapsed) I will terminate my own life.

How's that for business pracitces?

Thanks for allthe advocacy on here but its impossible to live like this.

• 4 months later...

Npower executive office will eventually drive you to sudivce. Apply to leave Npower. They won't let you but return all mail sayign you have no contract with them. Kick up a fuss. Eventually they will let you leave. I am takign them to court after 2 years of driving me to suidice. Come to the court action if you want (will post dates on ehre) and a class action is in planning with a pressure group I am forming. i also know a senior surveyor of one of their power plants. You can guess the rest. Its fascism in modern form. THese peope have just been fined £2 million for bad customer service and they are offering you (and me) £40??! record how much time all this takes and invoice them for £250 an hour (general solicotrs rates)

typical npower trick. They have done it to me. Why do we have to keep an eye on these companies. We should be getting paid to do their job. I have been landed with a £1,400 after underestimating then trying to charge me £250 a month (from my £800 p/t income). Has driven me to sudice seeing as they then sent me a bill with a zero balance and then £500 a week later (when I wasn't in the house). Is there anythign I can do. been to Ombudsman they seem to think its fine.

• 3 weeks later...
My situation is similar. i have been with npower for about a year now yet have never had a bill. Last July I called them asking when i would be billed. In short they had no answer and could only tell me that i was in debt to them. I am paying via a payment card at the rate of £50pm yet STILL receive no bills. They have called me twice, despite my paying on-the-dot of each month, more or less ordering me to pay £100pm, something which is just not affordable.

I have no idea how much is owed, how much is current, nothing, yet they have all my details correct re posting bills etc and they managed to post the card to me so I'm in a bit of a quandary here.

Any ideas or advice?

Contact me. I am taking Npower to court for exactly the same thing in about a month. Twiter Garry_Clarkson.

Npower doing this to me too. £1,400 for an account closed two years ago with a zero balance. I'm now taking them to court in a month. THey now claim that they have 'dissolved the company' but its still trading. ??? Help

You don't have a contract with either of them? Then why are YOU chasing them. No contract. No payment. Bye. Get another supplier and ignore the other two. I am in court over a similar issue with Npower in a month. All welcome to attend in Leeds to discuss their own issues.

I was the first member of a well known pressure group (fathers-4-jsutice).

we tried this with the family law gravey train.

We made som ein roads but apathey and the sheer force of the state machine meant eventually they simply started jailing dads (for waving to their own children etc).

Don't misunderstnad the state since Thatcher has vested interestes in these power companies

(many of the MPs and legislators/consumer watchdog cheif executives are share holders).

So its a tough one.

I am in court in 4 weeks as Npower will be making me and my child homeless soon.

I have a vulnerable child and we have both been victims of domestic violence.

No one is interested.

I have a bill from over 2 years ago when I closed my account

- they sent me one for zero then I left.

Follwed by several demands and unexmplainable bills.

I went on Facebook twitter and with my comrade julian (twitter: @npowercomplaint) but NO ONE signs up or joins.

You have to organise and take power rather than be a victim.

C'mon guys.

Court case less than a month away.

Join us and turn up with your complaints.

Leeds Magistrate's Court.

Your post is a little confusing. Are you asking for help in respect of

Fathers4justice

Margaret Thatchers involvement with the power companies or..

Your court case against Npower ?

Please clarify.

If the first 2, I doubt we will be able to assist, if it is in respect of a claim brought against you by Npower, then we more than likely will be able to.

And.. do you not mean County Court ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can you give a bit more detail regarding how NPower are making you homeless please, we can then see if we are able to offer advice.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 6 months later...

Make an application to the court to have the case struck out. This will cost £25. This is what Npower's solicitor does when you try and complain. The judge's in court are quite sympathetic. I havd a bill for £1,200 and the judge reduced it to £800. Their solicitor and Npower did not turn up to court. They insist on wanting the money strait away. I do not have it. You do not have it. Just return the envelope. Speak to Consumer Direct they are very good. You simply can not communicate with this company. They operate in a misty world of their own making. Its just economic fascism. Just keep resisiting. Contact your MP. COntact me. We are working to claim back moneis from Npower's 2 million fine with our MP at the moment. Join us.

Don't be a mug. Transfer IMMEADIATELY. This company operates 'Baiting' they tell you its one tariff then quickly transfer you to another. When you leave it takes 6 months (whilst they are still taking your money).

I have had 2 years AFTER I terminated my account with them and its been to court twice! The Judge did not understand why it took them so long to transfer supply and promptly reduced the bill. BUT PLEASE don't kid yourself. This is the worst company on earth and even the chief executive has stated plainly that he doesn't understand the billing system. So how can you?

LEAVE NOW !!!

Thanks for the freephone numbers. Would prefer to have everything in writing though, if at all possible!

The tariff I signed up to - fortunately - has no minimum contract term or cancellation charges. I was planning on switching to another tariff that would have these, but I think it is wise to hold fire for the time being and see if things improve with npower. If not, I will be off!

Executive.Complaints@npower.com is the cheif executive's department.

Don't expect a favorable response though. They are trained to offer things which they then do not action.

Their solicitors direct e-mail (again expect to be patronized) is: Kenneth.Radleydavies@rwenpower.com (watch the dot and the spelling).

Good look. I would contact consumer Focus/Citizen's advice as well. You will ahve a long long fight on your hands. I have formed an Npower action group with another sufferer. We are meeting the Treasury to try and get back the money they were fined Feb 2012 (£2 million!) from them. Join us.

Hi All

Does any kind person have a contactable email address for Npower customer service?

I have literally just joined them (accounts already gone through the switching process about 3-4 weeks ago) and I was quoted a direct debit charge of £15 monthly (am a very low user and this would be about right). Now the imbeciles have sent me a letter saying they are going to charge me £72 a month!!! Made up of £12 elec and £60 gas. Any fool can see this is incorrect.

I spent a while filling in the contact form on the imbeciles' website with the above info, but upon trying to submit the form, the imbeciles tell me that my account does not match any on their system. Well I have checked the info several times, tried and tried again, added zeros, left out spaces to no avail. Apparently, my account does not exist.

So, as I refuse to spend MY money calling their 0845 or 0871 numbers - and I suspect it will prove useful to have written evidence of conversation with imbeciles - has anyone got an email address, pretty please?

I am already thinking of switching - AGAIN!

I moved before the account was paid and disputed it. They sent me a zero balance letter. Thought all was well followed by a demand for £1,200. Their 'Collections Direct' company fraudulently purporting to be a DCA is in face a first agent of Npower (read the small print). Its unlikely that they will go down that route (its been 2 years now and I am still waiting for this 'final legal action' to commence. In the meantime I took them to court and the judge ruled to half the bill. I still don't have the money so waiting for the CCJ then simply ignoring it. They still haven't paid my mother's credit of £233 from NINE YEARS AGO!. Complain to the ombudsman then take them to court. Alternately join our pressure group as we are planning some high profile non violent stunts to encourage them to interact with their customers better.

They can and do give the Court the same contempt.

i took Npower to court for distress and their solicitor simply made a claim for it to be thrown out. It went by way of telephone hearing (with the solicitor saying he didn't get my claim and statement with a clear notice from the court that he did.

Eventually they filed a counter claim and it went to court. BUT they didn't not turn up. The judge halved my bill and now the solicitor is writing to me admonishing me for speaking on behalf of the court.

I have made complaints but now I have a CCJ.

I am afraid you can't win with Npower. better to just let them get on with it and keep kicking up a fuss. Nothing will be done. The Ombudsman thought the bill was fine in my case. The judge did not ! (they are quite sympathetic). I am afraid they are all in the same club and you they close ranks.

Now have a week to find £800 so sadly I will be gone before that is due.

bye all.

Bad experience for you Steve.I have edited one word because while its clear theres been injustice you would need to prove that it was intentional to cite them being c*****t.

I am suprised at Energywatch but they do rely on you and the other side telling them of resolution.Better to have everything in writing once you open a complaint with energywatch online everything is ticketed within the file...you can show it..sadly phone calls do not give this benefit.

Insofar as you going for compensation is concerned if you filed a claim in the County court small claims they would have to be satisfied that you had used the regulatory bodies to try and resolve things which you have done wthout success.In my opinion any claim for compensation would be favourably looked at providing you could put the case together with all the supporting evidence you speak of.The level of compensation would depend on you showing evidence of distress and inconvenience which I know you have had but is hard to prove in £s and pence.

Filing a claim in small claims is something you could do yourself and theres many here who could help....its unlikely that they would want to go to Court and defend in the face of the evidence.Quite often it takes issuing a claim to get a result because they see you are serious and of course they cant give the Courts the same contempt as they have given you.

The regulators appear to have failed you so yes it may be time to go further.I would consider a 14 day letter before action to their registered offices for the attention of their legal team.You can still inform Watchdog etc later after you have had the results that you deserve.

Edited by MARTIN3030

• 3 weeks later...

i am really not sure whether anyone reads these messages. You will not win with Npower. I tried. I took them to court. Debt reduced but still want it 'forthwith' it was over 2 years ago and now my mother is dying and they haven't given her thecredit FROM 9 YEARS AGO that they owe her. I have to seek 'power of Atourney' another £80 which I dont' have. THe court, ombudsman and Npwoer seem to be in collusion one making recommendations (that are then not followed as its 'out of time').

What you couls do - and I keep posting this but no one replies- - is stop faith in 'fairness' and the court and all the other stuff and commit to a program of direct action (gluing doors, making a nuisance). Non violent. What would have happened if all the anti-cuts protesters would have sat in the road and refused to move until somethign was done, rather than - as they did - politely ask for there not to be cuts. Its a waste of time. Contact me we are forming a pressure group and if necessary we will march to the head office and occupy it.

IN THE MEANTIME if you contact me you can go on our list as we present our claim against the 'consolidated fund' where the £2 million fine went as we are trying to reclaim the money which is ours. join us and reclaim the money. Dont' and keep messaging hoping Npower will change their mind. Fascism never changes its mind. We know this from history. It has to be 'encouraged' to change its mind.

I understand all this. But if people got together rather than trying to deal with their own crisis we could all help each other. I also suffer from depression. I brought this up in court and with Npower but they are not interested. ONLY A COURT CAN GAIN WARRANT OF ENTRY. so if its Npower's DCA and especially if is 'Collections Direct' - which isn't a DCA but pretends it is, then there will be no entry.

Of course you could join our group and then if there are bailiffs coming to visit we could all en masse congregate at your house and tell them to go away. I have had lots of experience as I formed a very well known fathers group. Do you think we took having our children taken away lightly? No we fought back. You have to try. Don't let bailiffs in. They have no rights of entry.

they will talk to Npower on your behalf. They are doing this with me. Try not to worry about bailiffs etc. It won't happen it has to go to court before that and you can explain you have no means to pay.

Yes. I believe that is correct. The problem is there is no regulation. This is Thatcher's legacy I am afraid.

I have had similar letters from 'Collections Direct' I am about to write to the OFT about this as they make statements whcih imply there will be a charging order on my house etc.

Only if it goes to court will the judge make an order (and I went to court owing £1,200 and Npower did not even turn up so the judge reduced it to 800 - I even think this is contraty to process).

If then you don't make a payment arrangement then there will be a court order only then after another hearing will there be a warrant.

Explain it to the judge and they are quite sympathetic (but understand they are part of the same system). You just have to dig your heals in and say you have been treated unfairly.

Where abouts are you? Don't put your address out but which county? Perhaps we can come to you raid if and when bailiffs turn up. They will find it very hard getting through 300 nation of islam people dressed in tuxedos and 'Big Dave' from East Leeds pigeon club at the front.

Best

G

Well then don't worry. I know how hard Npower are to del with. I got at leat 200 DCA letters. I asked them to take me to court. They wouldn't. So I took them to court. The judge threw it out. They counter claimed for costs and at the hearing they didn't turn up so my debt was reduced. Still can't afford it. Its a war of attrition but if you keep pushing it they will eventually give up. Don't forget many of these companies also have County Court Judgements against them that are not being enforced. Its all a farce.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks