Paid for ebook, now where is it?! (Paypal)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Yesterday I paid £20 for an ebook for information on working on the cruise ships. The agency arguably hasn't the best reputation as it promotes this ebook. Whilst they say it makes no difference to the application process (I would be at stage 3 now) they say it helps seperate the wheat from the chaff; just not in them words. In order to keep all my cruise options open and possible (not my only one) I decided to pay the £20 via Paypal (supposed 20% off code is given).

There is much musing on the internet that this company is a s c a m but I don't think it is; indeed a large online recruitment forum gives them the benefit of the doubt (shame about their spelling and grammar I must say, but it is essentially a very small family business dealing with the concessionaires and not the cruise companies).

The ebook is supposed to give an advantage with the psychometric test to follow and copious other information. Anyway, I digress, the point is I paid it and there is no ebook?! It may be an IE issue, I do not know! I imagine and read people do get the info, it is not a blag like that, but I have seen no link, no landing page, no email with download, nothing.

Does anyone know of any way of retrieving? I even logged back into paypal to no avail. I have emailed the company but suspect it will be Monday before they open again and could do with the info sooner. If they reply at all - though I suspect they will.

If the worse comes to the worse though, can I get my money back of Paypal?

Thank you.