O2 ... call me crazy

ravesafe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i could not pay my phone bill this month. i rang O2 and offered to pay it when i get paid at the end of the month but they refused and cut me off.

i could not pay for their services, so they did not provide me with the service.

do i still have to pay last months bill if they did not provide me with any service e.g. calls and texts?

i will have paid for something i could not use.

many thanks

RS

A general principle of contract law is that the other party cannot be put into a better position by a breach of contract.

I would therefore say that they cannot charge you the full months bill, as I assume that includes an allowance of a certain number of minutes "free", etc? They also cannot charge you the "profit" element.

However, they can certainly charge you any part of the bill that relates to any handset they may have supplied up front.

I suspect that they won't be keen to tell you how much is apportioned to each part :)

thank you my spirit. i have been paid today so will ring them asap.

i am sure they will state that it is in their t's&c's that i have to pay the full amount but i'll give it a go!

will keep you posted.

have been shown the terms and conditions online which state that i have to pay regardless of not being able to use their services.

they have profited by me not being able to pay my bill and not being able use their services

been with them since 2004, never missed a payment. they have over charged me for things in the past and when i am in financial dificulty for one month they screw me over. i'm leaving them as soon as i can