Buchanan Clark & Wells & SLC overpayment

Fielder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was overpaid by the student loans company by £220 because I left my course in December 2010 and they had paid me till January 2011.:-x

I have had correspondence from Buchanan Clark & Wells and have written to them and paid them £5 saying I would pay this amount every month.

Just been reading on this marvellous website and am wondering whether or not to CCA them.

Is it approproiate in my case?

Thankyou

That's what I thought.

But the student loans wanted it paid back in a lump sum. It was their fault they overpaid me as they knew I had left the course.

I am wondering if BCW don't have the original agreement, can they ask me to pay them?

Why would they (BCW) not have or not be be

able to retrieve the agreement, as said you have admitted

you were overpaid and have started repayments I really

cannot see wht you expect to achieve.

More to the point as you had advised that your course was ended

surely you would have known that you were not entitled to the

extra money and could have repaid immediately????

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The student loan is paid in advance, I didn't realise that the amount paid to me in November was for January as well.

I am prepared to repay the money I had as an overpayment, I am paying now. I just don't like BCW benefitting, they are trying to bully me with threats of visits and court actions.

I have written to them and not answered their e-mails, which did not state who they were (I found out by using this website) and made the offer to repay.

I am not sure either what I expected, I suppose I hoped to *** a DCA

Well, you wouldn’t be doing over BCW – you’d be doing over the student loan company!

Have you asked them to just stick it on your total loan as it was their cock up? That would have been a very fair request, I believe.

Only problem with that is, have BCW bought the debt from student loans.

You make a good point regarding adding it to the total debt and I haven't asked them to do that.

I think I will write to them and see what happens.

Thanks

Even if the debt has been sold, the amount given would probably be subject to the student loan agreement anyway, as it was given to you under its auspices. The agreement T&Cs may have a clause about overpayment and what happens. You should be able to get your mits on a copy somewhere.

I think it’s unlikely to have been sold when (a) you haven’t long left college and (b) you wouldn’t be expected to start repaying until you were earning a certain amount.

Do you have access to the Ts & Cs at all, as said above there

may specific points on overpayment?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Good, it may help you to avoid making the ''wrong'' sort

of approach to the SLC.