DHL/Control Account plc custom fees

J4g3d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to buy products from china for my old business.

When i started receiving parcels from china DHL just delivered the package and a month later invoiced me for customs charge. Im aware of atleast 1 payment i did not make.(£120)

After the initial delivery of the goods, every delivery after that they held until i paid the customs and would not release it unless i paid. Which i had been doing for years.

Well just now ive received a letter from a debt collection agency for the debt i did not pay initially (£120). Now i dont mind paying it but theres an account number on the letter and when i tap that into the DHL payments website it brings up 6 or 7 payments 'non received'. Totalling to over £700. When you make a customs payment with DHL they give you a reference number for that transaction. Unfortunately i never keep it as i find my bank statement is enough proof. However that particular bank account is now closed down some time ago so i do not have access to the accounts. Also my names spelt wrong on the debt collection letter and when i check on the DHL website.

So my question is...

1. Shall i pay the £120 +£20 fee and hope i do not get anymore of these non payment letters

2. Shall i not pay it due to them not spelling my name wrong

3. Should i send them a letter saying nobody lives here with that name?

Bottom line is i dont mind paying it. But if they start sending me more of these for the other 6 supposedly unpaid customs charges i will not be paying them. And if i pay the first one they will have all my details to prove who i am for the 6 others.

P.S my names always spelt right on the packages i received so they made the spelling mistake.

does the debt show onyour CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

By CRA you mean credit report file?

Its not on my file no...I dont see how they would have access to my credit report even so? as i did not sign or go into any agreement with any company. I dont have any accounts setup (by myself) with DHL. We have no binding contract between one another or leal contract what so ever. I have never had any direct debits setup or anything at all.

then they can bugger off then!

who is the dca?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think this is because Control Account plc has re-acquired the debt collection contract for DHL and has done an audit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330177-Control-Account-Plc_DHL

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• dx100uk changed the title to DHL/Control Account plc custom fees