Ocean Finance PPI Offer with a twist!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Well its the first time I've seen this one tried on I have to say.

I'd be back on to them telling them that they cannot assume such rubbish and to produce the evidence they are talking about.

The fact that they have made an offer means that they are on the run so keep the pressure on to get all of your money back.

ims

Hi

I'd write back and say that you are most pleased that they have agreed that you were mis-sold. Tell them that any attempt to adjust the full and correct amount of redress would be of interest to, fos, the FSA, OFT and Trading Standards and that, following their admission of mis-selling you require the full amount of redress without any spurious deductions.

or something along those lines

ims

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Yes it is nonsense but I wonder where they have go this nit about you expressing an interest in the first place comes from.

Can I just ask...what reasons did you give them for the mis-sale?

ims

Ok good...there is no inference that you would have purchased an alternative at a cheaper rate.

I would also reckon that there are two or three mis-selling criteria which apply and so everything should come back to you plus interest without deduction.

Did you write back to them as I suggested in post #8?

ims

Just tell fos you want them to look into the validity of the offer but are concerned that OF have arbitrarily determined that you would have bought PPI elsewhere when that is not the case because....

and then list your reasons.

Tell them that having received the admission of mis-selling which is implied by making an offer in the first place, you want the proper and full amount of redress.

You are and will still be able to sue if you wish.

ims