Private off road parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a block of 9 private flats. We have all purchased our freeholds. We each have a numbered, allocated parking bay. So far so good. A 'gentlemen' who lives opposite is running some kind of second hand car repair service at night time on his driveway. This leads to all sorts of vehicles parked up and down the road (its an 'unclaimed' road so council not interested as we are all private households?). Anyway, this 'gentleman' and his assorted lodgers have started to park in one of our allocated bays. I have knocked on their door at least twice a month over the last 6 months and told them (got fed up of being polite and asking) to remove their vehicle(s). Is there anything legal I can do? Would like to clamp the beggar. Any signage we can put up and wording (want to play sort of nicely!).

Apart from anything else, I would let the Council know as you can be sure that he does not have planing permission for this activity.

You could let the tax authorities know as well.

It would always be best to try and come to an agreement with the neighbour, but if you cant and you find him parked in your bay, park behind him blocking him in so he has to come to you and ask you to move! Then take your time like have a bath first!!

It would always be best to try and come to an agreement with the neighbour, but if you cant and you find him parked in your bay, park behind him blocking him in so he has to come to you and ask you to move! Then take your time like have a bath first!!

Blocking a vehicle in is, in law, immobilisation which is also how the law refers to clamping. You cannot do this lawfully without an SIA licence.

A better option would be to prevent the neighbour's access to the space in the first place by fitting a lockable post or similar.