Control Account Plc_DHL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just after some advice please,

Back in March 2011 I bought something online from china, a week or so later my item turned up, didn't think nothing of it,

but today I got a letter from Control Account Plc, who are a DCA for DHL, they claim that because I haven't paid the relevant duty on the item the debt has been passed on to them. I have never received a single invoice from DHL and all of a sudden I get a letter from these people stating that I should pay £60.00 and £12.00 administration charge within 7 days.

Do I stand anywhere with this.

thanks

it's bloody outrageous, it's our word against theirs, when I spoke to DHL this evening the lady from customer services told me that I shouldn't have received a letter from Control Account Plc after 9 months, she told me to ring them in the morning. I am not the type of person who avoids paying but when I don't receive an invoice but a letter from DCA this really winds me up.

I tried ringing them as soon as I got in from work and all I got was option 1 "leave payment". Option 2 "talk to an assistant" only meant I could leave a message. No mention of them being closed and when I tried to leave a message the phone line wenct crackley and no message tone. Good luck getting anyone to speak to. I've emailed them telling them that I have received no invoice or correspondence and that I dispute the £248.27 they want.

I would suggest you stop ringing them. Deal with this in writing so that you have a paper trail.

I don't profess to know anything about customs charges, I would have thought DHL would have asked you for the money before delivery.

The items from China must have been expensive for a £60 duty to be applied.

I would be sending the 'Prove it' letter from the library. If I wrote to you demanding x amount, you would tell me where to go, wouldn't you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would suggest you stop ringing them. Deal with this in writing so that you have a paper trail.

I don't profess to know anything about customs charges, I would have thought DHL would have asked you for the money before delivery.

The items from China must have been expensive for a £60 duty to be applied.

I would be sending the 'Prove it' letter from the library. If I wrote to you demanding x amount, you would tell me where to go, wouldn't you

Thanks for the tip silverfox, just one more question, If I send the 'Prove it' letter are the DCA allowed to add on further admin fees?

btw I bought a Car stereo for £190 at the time I thought I got a bargain not so now.

For a start, if they cannot break down the make up of their £12 'admin' charge, they cannot enforce that.

As for adding on the charges, let them, They are generally unlawful anyway

I would also get a copy of your credit file just to make sure they haven't been looking at it without your permission

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE