Closure of account?

hwild
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just out of interest - has anyone had their account closed after claiming back charges? What is the likelyhood of this happening? I am claiming back from Halifax and my partner is claiming from Barclays.

Will also be claiming form Capital one and Barclaycard in the near future.

I only ask because both of our credit ratings are appauling and we are worried we won't be able to open anothere account.

Thanks in advance

Hels

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

The easiest Co-Op account is called Cashminder, and they will process your application over the phone - no credit checks required, although they obviously ask you loads of questions for identification/money laundering purposes.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for your advice. I will look at opening another account ASAP.

If the banks do close your account - what stage dos this happen? Is it only if it goes to court?

Thanks again

Halifax -

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

There is no certainty that they will close the account, but it is best to be prepared. Technically they are meant to give you 30 days notice, unless the circumstances are 'abnormal.' I'm sure that they will invent an abnormal excuse if they do decide to close though...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

HI,

Does the co-op cashminder acc allow direct debits and do u have the phone number?

Thanks in advance

Halifax -

Make a donation

Yes, but absolutely NO overdraft facility:

Given Number: 08457 240 752

Landline Number: 0161 947 7135

Calling landline gives an IVR, and then the person on the other end tries to give you the 08457 number. I asked firmly to be transferred, I was, and after 16 minutes (and a quid of phone credit) I now have my account accepted...by speaking to Karris

Account will need proof of ID to activate (in branch), but the application remains open for three months

Thanks alot,

Iv just ried to get a smile current account and they turned me down. Im getting really worried i won't get a bank account but il try the co-op one. Wish me luck!

Halifax -

Make a donation

Good luck - although you won't need it with this account...it's the basic of the basic...

I have a seperate account (basic) with a bank that I will not be claiming from, however I will be attempting to claim from the Halifax who hold my mortgage (i'm making a claim on that account) What if they decide to close my mortgage account, can they do that?

My credit rating is poor and I am in a trust deed so will never be able to get another mortgage.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

See my announcement and thread in this forum on account closures.

I had read it but it did'nt answer my question, that is why I posted my question.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Halifax -

Make a donation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks