Babyliss Faulty Straighteners

jaygrunt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just thought I would tag onto the end of this post because my problem is very similar.

I recently bought a set of hair straighteners from T J Hughes ( now defunct) and when I opened them they were faulty,dead,nothing happened.

I have contacted Babyliss and they said its upto me to take them back to where I bought them from,I explained that the place was no longer around.

That was a week ago now and they still havent replied back to me. :mad2:

I have proof of purchase and original packaging

The only other thing I can see is to send them back to them,this is not a freepost address and will cost me about £2.75

The thing is I dont see why I should fork out more money for something I have already paid for and when the customer service I have received has been very poor,to say the least.

Rant over...Can anybody advise me on what to do next ..Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Just thought I would tag onto the end of this post because my problem is very similar.

I recently bought a set of hair straighteners from T J Hughes ( now defunct) and when I opened them they were faulty,dead,nothing happened.

I have contacted Babyliss and they said its upto me to take them back to where I bought them from,I explained that the place was no longer around.

That was a week ago now and they still havent replied back to me. :mad2:

I have proof of purchase and original packaging

The only other thing I can see is to send them back to them,this is not a freepost address and will cost me about £2.75

The thing is I dont see why I should fork out more money for something I have already paid for and when the customer service I have received has been very poor,to say the least.

Rant over...Can anybody advise me on what to do next ..Thanks

Babyliss have no obligation to deal with you, as the contract was between you and T J Hughes.

If they've gone under, you can either claim the money back from the card you used to pay (if over £100) or you'll have to be dealt with by the administrators to receive a portion of the money left to creditors. Bearing in mind you'll be at the bottom of the list, as staff and other debts the company owe come first.

Basically, if they were under £100 or if you paid cash, you're stuffed if Babyliss won't deal with you. It's not their problem.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

Hi jay

Have a read of 10,12 and 13 in my signature.

Those apply to the retailers, who have gone bust.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB