Royal Bank of Scotland PPI Claim on Credit Card - Help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening Pompeyfaith

Just a wee note to say I have started a new thread for my PPI headed Advice please on PPI claim from 1st National Bank/Link not sure if this will put a link to it as I am not technically minded. Sorry couldn't get it on earlier.

Hope everything okay at your end. Have a nice evening.

Cheers

AFW

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya AFW,

Yes i am well thank you, no worries ill find it;) ill go take a peck now

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 months later...

Hi PF

Haven't been too good swine flu attacked my family and we are just getting over it been on forum but didn't have energy to post anything up.

Hope everything has been good at you end.

At last my Brother in Law has received his statements for all his loan accounts with RBS which he had PPI on all of them.

As they all run into each other from 1999 I can't make head nor tail of them does your offer of help still stand to help calculate his PPI payments,if so, what info would you need to calculate the PPI payments for them and would you want one at a time there is 4 in total.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers

AFW

• 2 months later...

Hi PPI Folks

Can anybody help me I am needing help complying a letter for RBS.

We wrote to them 4 weeks ago claiming PPI they seem to be ignoring our letter can anybody help with template letter to get them moving they have not even acknowledge our letter and I know they got it as it was sent special delivery and we have a signature on RM site.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

AFW

If i'm right , the companies have about 8 weeks to investigate your claim. It wouldn't hurt to send them a letter asking for confirmation that they are looking into your claim. I had to do this with Barclaycard and it did prompt a response.

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

• 1 month later...

Ten weeks ago a relative sent away a claim for PPI to RBS this was for a loan they had taken out in 1999/2000.

They received a reply after four weeks exactly asking for more time then 4 weeks after that they received another letter from them asking of rmore tidme to complete their investigation.

The last letter was 2 weeks ago asking for more time (in total 10 weeks since first letter) and he still has not heard anything from them so he phoned them on Friday 9/4/10 to be abruptly told that if he wasn't happy to go to FOS as he may get nothing.

Could anybody help to comply a letter to bank at this stage as we are not very good at writting letters of this nature and tend to just go along with them as we are not sure what to do next.

Can anybody help with the next stage.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

AFW

Personally I would contact the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service) as your bank has now passed the 8 weeks allowed to investigate a complaint.

The link to their website is Financial Ombudsman Service I suggest you give them a ring and explain your circumstances and they will send a complaint form for you to fill in and return with copies of all correspondence between yourself and your bank.

The FOS do take quite some time to investigate your complaint due to the number of complaints they receive every week, but on the up side it costs you nothing and if you are not happy with their final decision you can still take this to court if you wish.

Hope this helps

DJ1971

• 2 weeks later...
Ten weeks ago a relative sent away a claim for PPI to RBS this was for a loan they had taken out in 1999/2000.

They received a reply after four weeks exactly asking for more time then 4 weeks after that they received another letter from them asking of rmore tidme to complete their investigation.

The last letter was 2 weeks ago asking for more time (in total 10 weeks since first letter) and he still has not heard anything from them so he phoned them on Friday 9/4/10 to be abruptly told that if he wasn't happy to go to FOS as he may get nothing.

Could anybody help to comply a letter to bank at this stage as we are not very good at writting letters of this nature and tend to just go along with them as we are not sure what to do next.

Can anybody help with the next stage.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

AFW

Straight to the FOS IMO here is a link for the complaints form...

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...omplaints.html

this was my fight with RBS use anything you can to help your own fight

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Eventually I have been able to get on Computer been having withdrawal symptoms (Comp been playing up - virus) and let you know update.

Brother in Law received an offer for PPI Insurance claim of £201.02. The Royal Bank of Scotland said this was all premiums + interest that was paid to the loan from 15/4/2002 - 9/1/2003 when he refinaced. When he refinanced there was a loan rebate but nothing to say that there was an Insurance Rebate, would this be included in the Loan Rebate ?

We intially claimed £338.00 from 15 April 2002 which we calculated at £4240.04 including 17.5% interest and 8% Interest over the period from 15th April 2002.

They also stated that they on this occasion are satisfied that B in L had been provided with full information about policy how it works and signifcant esxclusion which would have allowed B in L to make an informed decision to take out PPI. They also stated this policy was cancelled but he didn't actually cancel the policy he refinanced does this make a difference ?

They have now said we can go to Ombudsman but would we be wasting our time as the loan was intially taken out April 2002 (8 years) is this outwith the time barrier.

Please can anybody advise us what to do. Brother in Law too ill to go to court.

Dilemma here is does he take the meansly offer (£201.02) or go to FOS

Reasons why he should not have had this Insurance was:

Didn't realise that the 17.5% interest was added to Insurance.

Didn't realise that sickness claims were limited to 12 monthe (Works had a 12 month sickness Plan)

Was led to believe if we didn't take Insurance out tehn we wouldn't get the loan.

HOWEVER OUR DILEMMA NOW IS, IS IT WORTH GOING TO FOS, AS THIS LOAN WAS TAKEN OUT IN 2002.

Any advice would greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

ok lets clear one thing up

there is NO time limit for PPI reclaims

under sec 32c of the Limitation Act it ticks from you became AWARE of the wrong doing.

now, pers i'd SAR them first before you go tothe FOS

lets see what this refinance involved, i bet it got rolled over int on int PPI on PPI.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX says, might be worth going the SAR route.

To save time you could get your brother-in-law to ring the RBS PPIConcerns office in Manchester (number will be on his letter) and ask for the total cost of the PPI (excl and incl interest) and how much rebate he was given when he refinanced. They gave me the values over the phone.

This seems to be the area where RBS are quite clever, they offer a refund of premiums paid. The big difference comes in the rebate applied is much less than you would expect but they don't offer to make up this shortfall. They never tell you how much your rebate is and they have used s78 (I think, not that knowledgeable) and so you end up with a paltry rebate.

Hope i haven't confused you, someone might be able to explain it more clearly.

Good luck!!

Hi dx and dec22

Many thanks for your fast replies (greatly appreciated). We have SAR’d Royal Bank of Scotland (month ago) and they said they could only give us a loan statement as they only retained 6 years paper work and the paperwork for this loan would have been disposed off.

The statement only gave monthly payment amounts and dates and Loan Rebate amount.

Luckily my Brother in Law had kept his original loan agreement but had no Insurance Paperwork. Seemingly RBS couldn’t provide a copy of this agreement but they could remember that they said they had advised my B in L correctly regarding PPI in 2002 (the mind boggles).

When you say lets see what refinance involved I bet it got rolled over int on int PPi on PPI could you please try and explain what I am looking for in the paperwork. Wish I had half of some of the peoples knowledge on here I wouldn't say I am completely stupid but I am finding it hard to grasp this PPI system.

Also they have had this money for 8 years are they not entitled to pay interest on it as the have deprived B in L all these years of this money.

Cheers

AFW

If total PPI was £4000 and payments totalled £500. Rebate given might only be c£2500 and the £1000 stays with the RBS because of the favourable rules used to apply the rebate.

You need to find total PPI in the first instance less rebate received (all exl interest to make it easier) and that is what you are after plus interest. You want to be put back in the position as if there wasn't any PPI.

They are really difficult over this and genrally only refund payments made incl relevant interest. I haven't heard of anyone getting the 8% interest unless it has gone through the FOS.

If the numbers aren't clear from your docs then give them a ring, as I said I found them quite helpful.

Hi dx and dec22

Many thanks for your fast replies (greatly appreciated). We have SAR’d Royal Bank of Scotland (month ago) and they said they could only give us a loan statement as they only retained 6 years paper work and the paperwork for this loan would have been disposed off.

- i would press them for a certificate of destruction, typically this is used as an excuse to hide things...

The statement only gave monthly payment amounts and dates and Loan Rebate amount.

Luckily my Brother in Law had kept his original loan agreement but had no Insurance Paperwork. Seemingly RBS couldn’t provide a copy of this agreement but they could remember that they said they had advised my B in L correctly regarding PPI in 2002 (the mind boggles).

- usual denial tactics

When you say lets see what refinance involved I bet it got rolled over int on int PPi on PPI could you please try and explain what I am looking for in the paperwork.

- diff to say, you SHOULD have been rebated the old PPI+ ins interest charged. i dont know if that will show on the new loan, but it would be useful to scan up the agreement[s?] he has it.

Wish I had half of some of the peoples knowledge on here I wouldn't say I am completely stupid but I am finding it hard to grasp this PPI system.

Also they have had this money for 8 years are they not entitled to pay interest on it as the have deprived B in L all these years of this money.

- yes you can claim 8% stat from the date of each PCM PPI payment to the date of your claim.

Cheers

AFW

also this might help:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

Hi

A while back I had threads regarding my Brother in Laws PPI that he has paid to RBS over the years.

But due other pressures had to put this on hold but now the Banks are trying to put a stop to us claiming this money back I thought I better try and do something for hinm.

I have tried unsuccessfully over the past year to calculate his payment plus contractural interest somebody on here was going to help me do this, but I think due to the load they had to deal with they never got back to me.

ANyway here goes, hopefully somebody can help me calculate these figures.... I do have the original Agreements and all statements for the payments, I just need a bit of guidance to calculate the final total.

We did put one into the RBS but they shot is down to a minimum payment which he accepted not known that he shouldn't have done that (He's had a rough time and is really poorly) but I couldn't agrue with them because I was so unsure.

This means they are getting way with people money..and that is not fair.

there is 3 loans in total:

1st Loan taking out May 2000:

Loan: £4947.00 + Interest £1144.68 + Ad. Fee £42.00 = £6133.68 (Inculded is the PPI £697.00) (Total Charge for credit £1186.88)

Interest Rate 15.6%

PPI Cost: 697.00 (Paid £24.01 x 8) before taking out new loan. They gave him a Laon rebate of £992.76 Feb 2001.

2nd Loan taking out Feb 2001

Loan: £6889.00 + Interest £2042.00 + Ad Fee £57.00 = £8988.00 Included is the PPI 1111.00) (total Charge for Credit £2099.00)

Interest Rate@ 14.6%

PPI Cost £1111.00 (Paid £30.20 x 19) before taking out new loan. They gave him a Loan Rebate £1031.79 Sept 2002.

3rd Loan taking out Sept 2002

Loan: £11,174.00 + Interest £3959.80 + Ad Fee £60.00 = £15193.80 (Included is the £2174.00 PPI (Total Charge fpor credit £4019.80)

Interest Rate 13.6%

PPI Cost £2174.00 (Paid £49.27 x 13) before taking out new loan. They gave him a loan rebate £3350.75 Dec 2003

Please, Please can somebody help me....

Cheers

AFW

What was the contractural loan period for each of the loans?

DJ

Hi DJ

Many thanks for your reply....

Contractual period for each loan was:

Loan 1 - 36 Months

Loan 2 - 48 Months

Loan 3 - 60 Months

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

• 1 year later...

Their Head office in the absence of another address.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I got this address off the rbos website and its listed specifically for PPi complaints:

RBOS group

5th Floor

Hardman Boulevard

Manchester

M3 3AQ

Got this from their website today fro my claim to go off.

Good luck

ali x

• Haha 1

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment