style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again was wondering if someone could help me please?

I received a letter from Martons saying they have been instructed by mags court to enforce a fine of £775 for no tv license. When I spoke with the court they said I was convicted in my absence as I had moved the letter had gone to the wrong address, and they maintain the fine was £250.

Now I spoke with the court a little while ago over a different fine and they informed me of this, but said they would consolidate both fine together for one payment. These were £500 and £250 in to one account. I defaulted as I was unable to keep up with the £100 per month repayment. This has now gone to Martons whose letter states, £775 plus there £85 for writing to me. When I phoned them they said its for no tv licence, I questioned the amount they said they can not tell me what its for. Eg if it is the consolidates fine or not, I then questioned the amount as by maths its slightly out by £5. Eg £500+250+85 =£835 Not the £840 they have quoted.

Anyway I have rang their rude arrogrant and obnoxious call centre after a 20 min wait, I spoke with a lady and asked them if I acn make some sort of arrangement to get it paid as I do not £840 here and asked if I can spread it it over a period of time, she replied. £200 now and the remaining within 6 weeks! If you don't it will be with first available baillf. Err hello what part of I dont have it all ow didnt you understand!?

How can they be able to demand it all now, and not accept a sensible offer ? I was gonna ask to spread it out a little but they now expect me to pay it within 6 weeks, meaning 1 payday for me, and an amount that would impact on me paying important bills like RENT COUNCIL TAX etc etc..... Oh wait yeah but then if i miss my CT they can come round again.

This country has gone to the dogs, how can our so called government allow this robbery.

Rant over any help greatly received.

Thanks

If you cannot afford to make the payments due for a fine and you are not receiving benefits, you must contact the Magistrates Court and ask for a means tested hearing,here you will have to complete a list of your Income & Expenditure. It would then be for the Magistrate to look at your circumstances and set a payment plan you can be expected to keep up with. I don't think you need to make an appointement but it will be as well to check first. After the hearing, the court will advise the fines office of the arrangement and this should stop all bailiff action

If you are receiving benefits, you can apply for nominal repayments to be deducted from your benefits I think this is approx £5.00 per week others will know better.