EGG PPI Dont know what to do

msowing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Hope everyone is ok.

Begining of October I wrote to Egg re mis selling of ppi on loan with them. Well I had no fight whatsoever they paid up took arrears of for part payment of loan and sent me a cheque for the rest.

The cheque they sent me was in my old name before I got married and I dont have a bank account in my new name just a post office account for Carers Allowance and a savings account [with a few ponds in it] so that i can change cheques etc.

I returned the cheque to EGG and asked them to re issue the cheque in my new name. They sent and said that I had to provide a copy of my marriage certficate. If I dont reply to them within 6 months they are considered that my complaint has been sorted and I no longer will be eligable to claim the ppi money refund as the case will be closed.

I did that sent it once just usual post and then a second time via RD on 12th October 2011 I even gave them 14 days to send the cheque. I heard nothing so I sent a letter again saying that I had provided what they asked for so where my cheque and if I didnt hear from them I would go to FOS. However they are really slow and dont want to use them as I only have 4.5 months left to get my cheque

EGG are still silent. I have heard nothing.

What can I do now please?

Thanks in Advance

Hi ms

I would contact the FOS, lodge a complaint, get the reference number from the FOS. Write a letter to EGG, send Recorded. Write the Ref. No. on the letter

e.g. FOS Reference Number. Give them 21 days. In the letter tell them that if the FOS have to deal with the matter, not only will it cost EGG the refund monies, but they will have to pay the FOS £500 to look into your Complaint.

Keep all the communications you've had with them safe.

Hi ms

I would contact the FOS, lodge a complaint, get the reference number from the FOS. Write a letter to EGG, send Recorded. Write the Ref. No. on the letter

e.g. FOS Reference Number. Give them 21 days. In the letter tell them that if the FOS have to deal with the matter, not only will it cost EGG the refund monies, but they will have to pay the FOS £500 to look into your Complaint.

Keep all the communications you've had with them safe.

Thanks Rebel.

• 1 month later...

Well I dont know what Egg are playing at but they still havent sent my my money even after having sent Marriage Certificate and copy of driving licence for signature purposes [put line through signature].

Made complaint to FOS official today. See if they can get the money out of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Happy New Year everyone

I made an official complaint to FOS because Egg simply refused to pay up.

A couple of days ago I received a letter from Egg saying that if I send them a copy of my Marriage certificate [again for the 3rd time] and a copy of my new signature [i already have via a copy of drivers licence] they will issue cheque within 14 days.

Now they have already had the infomation twice both sent via recorded delivery and both signed for by egg.

Do I have to send it again, incuring more costs to me? I have send them an email stating that they already have the info.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

egg are ********s. they refused my ppi claim 15 months ago. i complained to fos 12 months ago and in september the fos wrote to say egg had given up the ppi fight and if i was happy enough with the fos recommended refund policy then egg would contact me within 8 weeks with their offer. its now at the 12 week mark and still no word from egg. the fos are chasing it up.

egg are ********s. they refused my ppi claim 15 months ago. i complained to fos 12 months ago and in september the fos wrote to say egg had given up the ppi fight and if i was happy enough with the fos recommended refund policy then egg would contact me within 8 weeks with their offer. its now at the 12 week mark and still no word from egg. the fos are chasing it up.

Know how you feel craigers.

Have informed FOS of Egg's latest delaying tactic.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I dont believe it!!!

Egg have today sent me a replacement cheque for my PPI but in my old name not the name I asked them to change it to!

I have waited months for them to reissue a cheque in my new name even sending Marriage Certificate and driving licence.

I'm lost as what to do now?

Any advice? Thanks