urgent help! personal info obtained by deception

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a car accident. My Insurance brokers said I would be contacted by their legal teams to handle personal injury, Legal Loss and car repair.

I gave a particular contact detail to underwriters which no one else had.

The next day, I was contacted by an individual - no details given - who claimed they had been asked by my insurers to contact and register my claim.

The under writers and insurance companies were the only 2 who were in a position to give out my unique contact details.

The next day, I was contacted to inform that a representative would be visiting me, at home, as I was suffering from the accident.

The person, by deception and under very peculiar circumstances, extracted every personal detail from me, driving license, utilities, signature, National Security no. etc. She warned me that claim may not be registered as I refused to give her my passport! I did not.

I found out about the [problem] within hours after she left and, wrote to whatever name - without addresses!- I could find on the papers - which I had forced out of her to photocopy. She was not going to leave any and, she would not let me have a glance at the papers.

Apparently, a Debt Collection agency/CRA/Data gatherers who's details I managed to trace on internet had carried out this. I also found the name of the solicitors who worked with them.

Unfortunately I did sign some papers which I knew nothing of contents. I was injured, sedated and dragged out of bed. In addition, she said that my insurance co. had to register these details on that very day. When, again, I refused to sign, she told me I could cancel it within 7 days. I am a novice and have never made a claim of this nature.

The only valid addresses I sent my cancellation notices to, were the solicitors and insurance co. The others names I found were bogus. So my instructions to cancel info gathering/collection/etc were effectively sent nowhere.

The next day, on the receipt of another claim form, I contacted both the insurance company and the under writers to find out to whom they had passed on my contact details, they both said they had not. They claim they had only commissioned the car repairers to get in touch. Shortly after I said I was going to the police, I was contacted again by my insurance co. who interviewed me in detail.

At the moment all I have is details of solicitors and the name and address of the company who extracted info and signature.

I am very worried. Every piece of personal data has been exposed to unknown people. I want to get them but how do I start?

I shall report to police today. However, I want to write to both, to stop them using or retaining my data. The two and, perhaps some others, can claim they have already carried out work and, either charge or retain/ use my personal data. I did register all my letters.

I NEED URGENT HELP! who is at fault? who is responsible, insurance companies? what should I do with the criminal gang? Should I contact them? Do I have to get a lawyer? Many thanks

Edited by Mrsshe

she!